Forums Latest Members
  1. Mirage Feb 23, 2016

Hi, I am new to the forums and I have purchased my first Omega, SMPc to be precise. I like everything about it, but as it is going to be my daily beater I think I will be more comfortable wearing a rubber strap.

I am looking for a black rubber strap with deployant clasp and NO stitching.

The AD dealer said, the only one that is originally supported is (98000037 + folding clasp 94521813). I dont like the stitching with this one, and according to ofrei.com it is also not waterproof.

There is another option, reported by other members to fit this watch: 98000085 (this one is ok, but it does not have deployant clasp, so I am not convinced yet)

Another strap that I actually like the most and fullills all my expectations is this: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/rubber-strap-seamaster-ceramic-830858.html#post6230934
    But I can't get a reference number, I also asked the OP of the linked thread, but so far, no response.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I will be very happy.

Another quick question for the bracelet sizing: the AD where I bought it, sized it for me, but I am not sure if it is too tight or too loose, what I do not like about the current adjustment is that when I lower my hand, the watch slips all the way down. And then when I try to grab something or spread my fingers I can feel this tension on the bracelet which is probably not good for the bracelet stretch on the long term?

Thank you

andykwc1 likes this.
  2. uvalaw2005 Feb 23, 2016

My favorite black rubber strap with deployant clasp and no stitching is not an Omega strap at all, but this $35 natural rubber strap from Bonetto Cinturini, reversible with texture on one side and smooth on the other: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonetto-Cinturini-300D-Italian-Rubber-Deployment-Watch-Band-/221720026570Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

They've also got a tire tread version: http://www.thewatchprince.com/Italian-Rubber-Diver-Tire-Tread-20mm-Black

arkstfan and Mirage like this.
  3. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Feb 23, 2016

Why deployment? Go for an Isofrane with the RS buckle and call it a day.

From a historical perspective, Omega used Isofrane and Tropic straps starting in the 1960's for their SM300 and PloProf models. The Isofrane is the most comfortable and durable rubber strap you own IMO.

4. uvalaw2005 Feb 23, 2016

I'd echo that as well. As much as I like the Bonettos, if you don't need the deployant then the Isofrane is unbeatable. A bargain at retail price, you can also often find them gently used for ~$75 on the forums.

5. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Feb 23, 2016

And since you just bought a new Omega, you are probably wondering why on earth you would buy a used strap...well, Isofrane are literally tanks, and they are rubber, so easy to clean. I have owned 3, all have been pre-owned, and all still look new after two owners!

uvalaw2005 likes this.
  6. andykwc1 Feb 23, 2016

I got mine in amcorp mall. Silicon strap without stitches. But without the deployment clasp.

[​IMG] [emoji5]

SamQue, KstateSkier and Mirage like this.
  7. Mirage Feb 24, 2016

Hello, thanks for all the options. I try to focus on Omega original straps for now. I do not like the look of Isofrane very much (too much like a tool, personal opinion). Why the deployment clasp? Because it looks beautiful and I think it provides a little more security from falling down when putting it on. If I had more watches I would probably look for a cheaper alternative, but I am one watch kinda guy, so I do not mind paying a little more for original.

8. sxxu08 Feb 29, 2016

I decided on the 98000037 rubber strap which looks fantastic I like the stitching!) but you are correct in that it isn't waterproof!

IMG_1991.JPG IMG_1992.JPG

Mirage and KstateSkier like this.
  9. yinzerniner Feb 29, 2016

The one you linked to in the WuS post does have a deploy clasp, but it's not the thin profile Omega foldover like the 94521813, 94521833, etc. It's a double deploy clasp model 94531803 and uses a rubber strap which needs to be cut in order to fit. Black model # is 97996082.

Unfortunately there's not many waterproof rubber options for the SMP and SMPc that work with the superior Omega clasp. There are a few non-rubber yet waterproof strap options out there from aftermarket makers and sellers but very few that are rubber. I purchased an aftermarket silicon strap that was made to fit the SMP case and work with the Omega deploy clasp but the seller has since removed his store from the 'bay. Also, to make the strap work I had to use thinner springbars than usual.

The latest generation rubber straps made for the PO are waterproof and great (they have the wavy interior) but they don't fit the SMP or SMPc case since the lugs are fitted and the lug hole to case distance is different. If you do some MacGuyvering by widening the lug hole you might be able to make it work but it could also compromise the structural integrity of the straps.

As for your bracelet question, I'm guessing yours came with the "Bond" style bracelet since it's an SMPc? If so they're usually a little easier to size than the "Speedy" style bracelets since the individual links are smaller. As for "stretching" the bracelet just because you feel some tension - these are made of steel so unless you're also made of it I don't see how your wrist muscle flexing will cause any undue stretch on the bracelet.

And just an FYI - bracelet stretch doesn't come from people flexing out the bracelets, it comes from wear by constant friction between the pins and links with dirt/grime. The dirt/grime acts as a sanding agent and slowly takes off a bit of the material from the links, thus making the holes in the links larger and the bracelet looser.

10. Mirage Mar 2, 2016

Thank you for clearing up a lot of things for me. I have after all decided for the rubber strap with no deployant clasp (98000085). Hopefully it will meet my expectations. Yes I currently have the bond style bracelet. Did not exactly know what causes the stretch. Just because it feels a little unfomfortable when watch slips all the way down to the wrist and I try to grab something or spread fingers, I automatically thought that this is one of the reasons for the stretch.

@sxxu08 : It looks awesome on the watch, very nice pictures. I just do not like the idea of the strap not being waterproof, considering the name Seamaster and all... but if you are not going into water with it, I suppose it does not matter at all.

11. Perseus Mar 2, 2016

This looks like a Ploprof clasp.

[​IMG]

Foo2rama and M548630 like this.
  12. M548630 Mar 5, 2016

Is it 20mm strap? If you like to sell your strap near future, please let me know.
    [email protected].

13. WiZARD Mar 5, 2016

rubber:
    http://www.ofrei.com/page750.html
    OME-97996082, or in blue: OME-97988082

clasp:
    http://watchretail.co.uk/omega-seamaster-clasp-94531803-p-1891.html

(I'm not sure, whether the OME-94522043 or OME-94522023 would fit it or not)

14. Perseus Mar 5, 2016

It's not my strap. It's from the link the OP provided.

15. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Mar 5, 2016

wow.... the mother of all clasps ....

its a clasp with 1" adjustable rubber both sides ;-)

16. Perseus Mar 5, 2016

It's so big I don't see it being as comfortable as something smaller.

17. M548630 Mar 5, 2016

Thanks.
    If you know anyone who try to sell this type clasp, please let me know.. Thank you all...

18. M548630 Mar 5, 2016

Thanks Perseus.

19. larryganz The cable guy Mar 5, 2016

I have that eBay strap in blue and black (bought from WatchGecko www.geckota.com), and I like them because they actually fit the curve of my arm, and don't try to stay straight and push the watch up and away from my wrist like some others.

I also love the vanilla smell they give off. I should note for others that these come in very long, and you have to trim the end shorter near the deployant clasp, and move a pair of plastic sleeves into the last hole where the spring bars for the clasp will go.

savio.79 likes this.
  20. uansari1 Aug 8, 2017

Anyone have instructions on sizing and trimming this bracelet and clasp combo? I have a new one that I need to size to my wrist and want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.