Forums Latest Members

Rubber strap on speedmaster?

1. Andreas Feb 8, 2016

PureBlack03_1024x1024.jpeg UrbaneBlack01-BB-800_1024x1024.jpeg
  2. yinzerniner Feb 8, 2016

Any of the rubber straps that fit the 42mm Planet Ocean will fit the Speedy Pro, with a near flush fit. Not quite as tight and seamless as when mounted on a PO, but still a very good fit and they can be used with the sublime Omega clasp. The only difference is that the 2500 and 8500 has different thicknesses, so the curved ends will be different thicknesses. The 2500 strap will fit at about the same level as the top of the Speedy Pro lugs, but the 8500 strap will fit a bit above (~1mm).
    See this post for other ideas....
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/anyone-wearing-a-speedy-on-rubber.29675

Andreas likes this.
  3. Andreas Feb 8, 2016

i saw that post a while back and i am not sure if i wanted to see that first image again :eek::taunt:
    thanx for the info about the PO but i would prefer a straight end strap instead of a curved end

4. yinzerniner Feb 8, 2016

Fair enough, although I doubt the Speedy is thin enough to fit below THAT particular shirt cuff....

Any particular reason for rubber straight end, as rubber usually means that the strap will be subject to lots of water and the Speedy shouldn't be the first choice if that's the case. IMHO rubber tends to look best when in a flush fit unless it's a tropical-style strap, while leather and textile straps wear better with a gap.

5. Andreas Feb 8, 2016

nop, i am not planing on using the speedy under water.
    i guess its just a matter of taste, if i see the strap on i may change my mind and wanna go for a curved end.
    a tropic style sounds like a good idea that i haven't thought... any particular brands you can suggest?

6. yinzerniner Feb 8, 2016

Bonetto Cinturini makes nice 100% rubber straps. The nicest new tropic strap I've seen is the one that comes on the BR123 sport, but I'm not sure if it's available for retail purchase or only a special order direct from Bell & Ross.
    The Hirsch performance series is nice, but they're not rubber - more a composite plastic/foam material.

Andreas likes this.
  7. yinzerniner Feb 8, 2016

8. Andreas Feb 8, 2016

cant open the link but i was about to say the same thing, they sell them online for £70 in the uk site