Forums Latest Members

Rubber Strap Life - Isofrane

1. Matt-C Jun 5, 2013

Hi All

I bought an isofrane strap a few months ago and wear it daily. I'm curious about the possible life span of these straps. Any rubber strap I have used in the past, (including OEM) only seems to last about 3 years or so with daily on/off use.
    Can anyone who bought the re-released isofrane in 2010 provide any update on its long term durability?

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 5, 2013

I'm sure someone can, but not me. Sorry!

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 6, 2013

I've still got one, I haven't worn it daily but I've worn it a lot. The old OEM Planet Ocean strap was known to be poor in terms of durability, the new one released with Calibre 8500 is a much stronger and more robust strap.

The original Isofranes are often still intact after all these years so I wouldn't be surprised if you got a long time out of the Isofrane. Did you get a chance to see the review we did on it a year or so ago?

4. Matt-C Jun 6, 2013

Thanks Ash, yes I saw the review, very informative. It's partly why I opted for the Isofrane in the first place. I've worn it daily now for about 3 months and it's very comfortable to the point where sometimes you cant even tell your wearing a watch.

As I recall from your review, you can wear it quite loose yet it still provides enough resistance/grip to prevent the watch slipping around, hence you don't quite know you have it on.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

5. Danny T Jun 9, 2013

It's the best rubber strap hands down. I have 6 of them and am a big believer in them since I first tried one out. Believe the hype !

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 9, 2013

Absolutely, welcome by the way!

7. deerworrier Jun 12, 2013

the hype is good:thumbsup: i have had many on various watches and they take a beating. i think if you look around you will also see a few ploprofs with the original 70's iso, mine does and its still going pretty strong.