Forums Latest Members

Rubber strap for Seamaster Dynamic

1. Doktorogz May 10, 2011

Around 25 years ago I bought this watch at a new jeweller's shop in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. A really nice watch but the rubber bracelet did not appreciate the high temperature and humidity (a bit like the Swiss designed house I lived in up there for a while!). I ended up making replacement buffalo hide pieces to replace the rubber, using the original deployment clasp. Does anyone know where I can get hold of an original rubber bracelet? As I still have the clasp even the rubber parts alone would be good.
    I've uploaded a photo showing how well worn the watch is - almost constant since purchase - and the clasp. The rubber bracelet it has on now is an ugly, chunky one I bought on Ebay - it came from China for about $5 - it really doesn't match the fine design of the watch.

Seamaster Dynamic.jpg
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 10, 2011

Those are pretty cool, I've seen them sell for some decent amounts locally and the dial designs really are something unique. Can understand how it'd be hard to get bracelets and straps though.

3. Doktorogz May 10, 2011

Yes, I did see a rubber bracelet on Ebay a couple of years ago for around $200 US. It didn't come back for sale so i guess someone bought it for that.