Forums Latest Members

Rubber Strap for PO 45.5mm Chronograph: which stitching?!

1. Ryan.uk Jul 14, 2014

Hello folks! I want to get 'summer ready' with my 232.30.46.51.01.001, which is the Planet Ocean Chronograph with the 'silver' 12 o'clock number.

Having had the 'standard' 232.30.46.21.01.003 before (which is the non-chronograph with Orange numbers) and having the rubber strap/deployment clasp with orange stitching - I was hoping to recreate that with my Chronograph.

However, the lady in the Omega Boutique says that with the silver numerics, the 'white' stitching rubber strap looks better :(

So; any forum members have the 232.30.46.51.01.001 with orange and/or white stitched rubber straps that they can post some pics of? Or offer up your opinions?

I know it's a first world problem of the highest order... but the straps don't come cheap when they're OEM from the boutique - so it's worth making the right choice!

Also - do you guys inter-change your own straps/bracelets? I'd prefer to be able to do it myself as I get bored often - but am a bit of a nightmare with delicacy... how easy it it to do? and what tools do you need? (tool product links would be ideal!) - that said, I can imagine if I buy my strap from the boutique, they may be ok to swap my straps around once or twice a year?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2014

Just as a tip, check out the isofrane rubber, it works great on heavy Omega chronos and is far cheaper than the Omega strap

3. Ryan.uk Jul 15, 2014

Thanks Ash! Plenty of reviews for them on the net (Inc yours!), and I have to say the orange looks sublime! I'm a fan of the deployment clasp though rather than the buckle.. Hence the OEM route.. However I may grab one of these for more 'adventurous' activities.. How are these to change? ADs & the boutiques are putting the fear of God in to me that a layman can't change Seamaster straps.. But you all seem to be at it ;)

Any links to recommended springbar tools and how-to guides?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2014

Bergeon 6111 is a good option for a springbar tool

MikiJ likes this.
  5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jul 15, 2014

As good as it gets. The little metal freebes are a hand scratcher!

6. JohnSteed Jul 15, 2014

Go for an orange deal. Think it'll make the watch pop!

you may just be able to see wot I mean ...

image.jpg