Forums Latest Members
  1. lloidl Sep 9, 2015

Hi!

I am searching for a rubber strap with curved lug for my Omega Aqua Terra (231.10.42.21.01.003).
    Something like a Rubber B or Everest strap would be perfect, but they told me that they cannot recommend their straps for Omega and that they might not fit...has anyone got experience with Rubber B or Everest straps on Omega?

Just from the pictures on their website the strap for the Rolex Datejust II could fit. (Same case size, same lug width)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many thanks in advance.

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Sep 9, 2015

I've done some research into RubberB's offerings and found that officially anyway, they're pretty specific about what they say will work and will not work. For example, I considered using a RubberB strap for a 36mm Rolex Explorer I but their web site says their Explorer I strap will only work for the 39mm case size, even though both size Explorer I's (36mm and 39mm) have 20mm lugs. I'm sure the issue is the curvature of the watch-end of the strap.

Your best bet would be to find a strap with non-curved ends. You may also want to try walking into an Omega Botique and see what they have in stock. It's quite possible that a rubber replacement strap for a 42mm Planet Ocean may work reasonably well for your 42mm Aqua Terra.

Edited Sep 9, 2015
  3. lloidl Sep 9, 2015

Thank you for your advice.
    I have been to the omega boutique in Vienna recently but all they could tell me was that officially there is no such strap for the Aqua Terra and they would not try to fit a strap from a different Omega model onto my watch because it wouldn't fit properly.

Someone from everest straps told me that he uses one of their straps on a seamaster, sadly not a Aqua Terra, and that the strap would fit nicely. I think that as long as the case diameter and the lug width are the same you shouldn't get into too much trouble.

I don't quite know what to do now - I think I might order one strap from rubber b and another one with straight ends from Hirsch and check the fit myself.

Best,
    Leon

4. cuts33 Sep 9, 2015

From photos I've seen of Aqua Terra's on rubber straps, I'm not a fan of the look.

I would look at Bonetto Cinturini straps. A Google search will turn up several dealers who sell them.

They are relatively inexpensive (around $30 USD) and are great quality for the price.

I would try one of those before spending a few hundred on an OEM rubber strap or Everest, etc.

5. lloidl Sep 9, 2015

Their straps look very good indeed...I just don't think that the AT will look nice with a straight end strap :(

6. lloidl Sep 16, 2015

[​IMG]

Quick update: got the rubber b strap for the submariner mounted and it fits nicely

I had to use smaller springbars, though.

7. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Sep 16, 2015

Hey! That's not bad at all! Nicely done. :)

8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 16, 2015

Thanks for the update!

9. ducatiti Sep 16, 2015

Very nice! Smaller springbar as in diameter and why?

I may try a generic curved rubber strap for a sub (eBay) and may work too :)

10. Slipstreamer Sep 16, 2015

My Sub has the RubberB black band using the original clasp (a-la Yachtmaster style). My Speedmaster HB-SIA has the rubber strap.

Have you checked Ofrei's site? they have the rubber curved ends for the Seamaster. Deployant clasps are also sold there.

Link is at: http://www.ofrei.com/shop-bin/sc/productsearch.cgi (search for Omega Rubber Straps)

11. lloidl Sep 17, 2015

I actually meant thinner springbars. The holes from the Omega do not line up 100% but by using slightly thinner springbars it does fit. At least that is what they told me in the store where it got the strap changed.

12. MtnMarine Oct 9, 2020

I’m looking at something like this myself....

13. Scooterino36 Oct 9, 2020

also take a look at Zealande

14. Cayohuesovespa Oct 10, 2020

thats good to know, i have seen the Everest straps on speedmasters, wondered how either would look on an AT.

15. Drb477 Oct 10, 2020

This is from Horus the fit is good once on but it's a bit of a struggle to get it on.

20200726_124548.jpg
    Scooterino36 likes this.