Forums Latest Members
  1. watchstuff May 15, 2015

Hello!

First post... lots of confused lurking! Ace site though, have loved looking at the photos especially. Hopelessly jealous.

I desperately want a Planet Ocean (orange or grey... orange or grey...) and they're around £3800/£3950 respectively. Are these prices generally what people simply pay? Other than a couple of potentially dodgy sites, RRP always seems to hold up. Are there any recommended sites etc to grab the watch cheaper, or is there generally any room for negotiation at a boutique?

Thank you!

2. z1109r May 15, 2015

Why brand new? Plenty of excellent condition used ones listed and prices more reasonable.

Matty01 likes this.
  3. lillatroll May 15, 2015

I have not actually bought a watch from an omega shop but I am planning to buy one soon and the three I have been into haveoffered a discount without me even asking for one, but I don t know if this is normal or if it depends on the watch. I am going to buy a seamaster bullhead, which is not everyones cup of tea so perhaps they just want to shift them on asap.

4. Mothra May 15, 2015

No negotiation at a boutique. At an AD 20% seems to be the going rate. There are UK based grey dealers, or if you find yourself in NY at all it's worth reaching out to @Kringkily.

Matty01 likes this.
  5. rwilner May 15, 2015

I second the 20% at the AD. Also, an AD will take watches in trade, a boutique won't (with some exceptions).

6. Mark Farrell May 15, 2015