Forums Latest Members

Royal Mail Tracking On Usps?

1. alam Feb 5, 2013

I have goodies coming from the UK and the Seller said Royal Mail tracking should be trackable on USPS in a few days. I did some search on the subject but can't find a definite answer - does anyone have experience with this?

::confused2::

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

No. But if you use the tracking no on the Royal Mail website it should still show you where it is when it gets to the US.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

If you have a tracking number from the UK, you can use that number on USPS tracking as soon at arrives in the US

4. alam Feb 5, 2013

Thx!

5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 5, 2013

That's sure interesting, been informed that it doesn't work the other way around :(

6. alam Feb 5, 2013

We shall see in couple of days..

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

It did work that way when I had something coming from Denmark. Can't say for sure about the US as all my packages from there have been through FedEx.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

As a footnote, I am able to track this Express Mail package from Australia, RS0010XXXXXAU, on the USPS tracking page, even though it has not left Australia yet

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 5, 2013

Post office worldwide who joined EMS (Express mail service) will have benefit of their Express Mail / package trackable from any post office website. For more about EMS see http://www.ems.post/
    If Royal mail is an EMS then it should be trackable even from here in Indonesia post office website.

10. Spy You know my name. Feb 5, 2013

I use an app called Track Checker on my phone. It has every postal and express service from A to Z. You can select ones to be favorites or often used. Royal Mail is one of mine and it tracks packages across the pond for me and then USPS picks up the last leg.

11. alam Feb 5, 2013

Good info! Thanks!

12. Spy You know my name. Feb 5, 2013

I should point out I have an Android phone, so I do not know whether the developer has an iPhone app is you are using Apple.

13. alam Feb 5, 2013

what?!! are you saying there are other phones out there other than iPhones? :D

14. Spy You know my name. Feb 5, 2013

My wife uses iPhone. I cannot figure out how she does not use a microscope when using that tiny screen. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 1. When the third generation of the Note is released this year I will upgrade to it.

15. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 6, 2013

Wonder if we are all singing from the same hymn sheet? International packages may have different tracking systems from international letter!
    I can certainly track a USPS International letter as far as its' point of departure but once in the UK it is on its' own . Royal Mail have actually confirmed this.

16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 7, 2013

AFAIK, it works both ways. Once the package hits the USA, all information from the originating country and USA will show. Many times the originating country tracking information stops after the package leaves that country.

Don't know about iPhone vs. Andriod apps, but the web should work on both platforms. That's why they have the pinch and stretch functions.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

17. alam Feb 7, 2013

It looks like is working. This is what we have so far..

Day 1: Royal Mail: Your item, posted on 06/02/13 with reference XYZ has been received at our international mail centre and is being made ready for despatch overseas; USPS: nothing.

Day 2 (a.m. EST): Royal Mail: Your item, posted on 06/02/13 with reference XYZ has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA; USPS: We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece

Day 2 (p.m. EST): Royal Mail: Your Item has reach the destination country; USPS: We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece

We got to love the wonders of the computer microchip :D

18. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 7, 2013

It's not even microchip, it's just plain old barcode.

19. alam Feb 7, 2013

and barcodes are read/processed by ??

20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 7, 2013

Yes mighty Alam.....:D it is processed by laser scanning, connected to processing power of microchip which distributed through wonder of standard protocol of remote distance computing network called internet...........