Forums Latest Members
  1. Janet Apr 30, 2012

Hello
    I have a 9carat rose/pink gold square face omega watch.
    I had a jeweller look at it and the number inside the case is 10839353, i have exhausted the omega website and many others looking for its beginning.
    This watch was my great grandmothers she would be 130yrs today, so guessing watch perhaps 100yrs or older?
    I would appreciate any feedback or advise where i could contine to look.
    Kind regards
    Janet
    Bundaberg
    Australia

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 30, 2012

If the number was taken from the movement of your watch it puts the production date sometime around 1946.

Pictures of the watch would be a great help in providing you with additional information.

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 30, 2012

Hi Janet,

Welcome to ΩF. Greetings from the Gold Coast.

The best thing you can do to help ID the watch is posting photos. Some of the guys here might know something about it :)

Cheers

4. Janet Apr 30, 2012

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 30, 2012

Hello Janet -

Yes, indeed based on the serial number 10839353 your watch dates to ca 1946.

These were not part of any particular line of watches, like the Seamaster or Constellation and would most likely have originally been offered as a mans watch based on its size and style. Women's watches of this period were even smaller being only about the size of a mans thumbnail and stylistically different, often worn on cord straps.

The movement type or caliber is R17.8, although well aged the dial appears to be original and adds a nice bit of charm especially in light of the family connection.

A lovely family treasure.