Forums Latest Members

Rolex/Tudor AD's keep the hangtag now?

1. Thegreatroberto Nov 27, 2017

Appologies if this is old news. Did a quick search and couldnt find anything...

Having just bought a Tudor BB S and G, i noticed the hangtag was not in the box. Called the AD (goldsmiths) and was told they have to reurn these to Rolex now. Is this new?
    And the new Tudor boxes are not as good as the old ones!
    Luckely the watch is great!

15118057615331673381823.jpg
  2. any4xx Nov 27, 2017

I bought an Explorer II a few weeks ago and received the tag with it.

3. Bushido Nov 27, 2017

Returning the hang tag to Rolex? Nope, that's a new one to me. I purchased a new Rolex from my AD a few weeks ago, came with all the fixings. Sounds to me like Goldsmiths is attempting some new protocols and blaming it on the manufacturer.

Congratulations on the Tudor though, looks great!

watch3s likes this.
  4. Thegreatroberto Nov 27, 2017

20171126_155220.jpg 20171126_155114.jpg 20171126_154947.jpg Does sound like a Goldsmiths thing to me too. Otherwise it would be all over forums, and its not (yet). They told me they have to send them to Tudor.

Edited Nov 27, 2017
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 27, 2017

Why I wonder ?
    May be worth asking.

6. thatonewatchdude Nov 27, 2017

I am sure they keep it for record and the slight chance that you may return it or exchange it, then they still have the new original tag.

7. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Nov 27, 2017

I wonder if they forgot to include, didn’t keep it and are giving you some BS ?

Jwit likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 27, 2017

Email Rolex USA.

9. Thegreatroberto Nov 28, 2017

I did call Goldsmiths yesterday and they told me they have to keep the tags and return them to Rolex. They did not know the reason. They have been doing it for a few months now. Will try and contact Rolex/Tudor. Was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this accros their AD's?

10. Honza Nov 28, 2017

My friend who bought Hulk mentioned that he was not able to get the tags. Rolex supposed have to sign the owners name as well as take away the plastics and tags. They do not want people to resell like new.

11. Thegreatroberto Nov 28, 2017

The only reason I can think of is resale. Theyll be taking away the box and warrenty card next. Then the watch!

larryganz and Honza like this.
  12. Thegreatroberto Nov 28, 2017

Goldsmiths are a UK AD. This may be only a UK thing.

13. Beastie69 Nov 28, 2017

I just got my BB Bronze, came with the tags and everything else, I removed the tag myself actually.

That was in Dubai though

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 28, 2017

I apologize for the non Eurocentric assumption:)

15. watch3s Nov 28, 2017

ive heard of stories with the higher dollar watches, some places even force engravings to prevent reselling but this was almost a year ago when the ceramic daytonas were the hottest thing out. Didn't think they were playing it so close to the vest now...

16. MaiLollo Nov 28, 2017

A year ago, a friend of mine was called back by an AD saying he could buy a C-Daytona (he was on list). The AD-guy then said "you can only buy it if you also get a yellow gold watch from a lower-volume brand" (in other words, an astronomically overpriced POS). My friend reported this to the store manager, and I'm not sure whether that still works there or not. This took place in Germany.
    The engraving thing is almost as bad...

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 28, 2017

Rolex appears to be changing how they do things, and this is aside from the normal AD shenanigans...

In Canada for the last year maybe, there have been reports of Rolex requiring a transfer of the warranty when a watch is sold and needs repairs. So if you were to take a watch that you bought privately (and still under the warranty period) to the RSC for a repair, they will charge you $175 to transfer the warranty to your name from the name of the original owner.

I know a watchmaker who works at the RSC and he has said that the 5 year warranty is resulting in various known problems being "so much worse" so possibly they are finding ways to mitigate some expenses involved in extending their warranty period from 2 years to 5.

Aside from that parts accounts are being closed and AD's are losing their dealerships at an increased rate from what I'm hearing, so although I don't have solid numbers, something is afoot...

Cheers, Al

18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 28, 2017

Pulling an Omega? Are they going to stRt to increase price too?

watch3s likes this.
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 28, 2017

Let's be clear, Omega was always more open with parts than Rolex...people love to criticize Swatch but they still have the most open parts policy of any large conglomerate or maker, even after restricting sales to the 3rd party resellers. So if anything, it was Omega pulling a Rolex (not quite as bad though) when they cut off all the resellers.

In general Rolex parts are already far more expensive than Omega parts, but I'm sure that won't stop them from increasing the part costs. Rolex is increasing service costs across the board here in Canada as of next month...

watch3s and Foo2rama like this.
  20. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 28, 2017

TY

I was more looking at the purge of AD’s 6? Years ago. Which stabilized pricing a bit for Omega, and now allows for them to be increasing pricing the past few years.

As for Rolex parts accounts. Since I see so many Rolex Authorized shops near me I assumed it was less restrictive.

watch3s likes this.