Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rolex Submariner 5513 3.2 Mil Serial

1. MikeMan2727 Jul 24, 2018

For sale is a beautiful Rolex Submariner reference 5513 with 3.2 mil case serial dating to the early 1970s.

The dial is in excellent condition with warm patina on the original tritium lume plots. The hour and minute hands appear original with similar tone. According to the prior owner who sold me the watch, the second hand was replaced with a tritium service replacement when the watch was sent for service in 1991. Therefore, it is a slightly lighter shade of lume as seen in the photo.

The case shows mild wear with thick even lugs and beautiful original fat chamfer edges typical of late 60s/early 70s 5513s. It was likely lightly polished at some point in the past, possibly during service in 1991.

The original fat font Mk3 bezel insert is in excellent condition.

The watch comes on a 93150 bracelet which had the clasp replaced in 1991 during service (signified by the "S" seen before the bracelet code of "P6"). It comes with a 580 and a 455B endlink.

This watch was not serviced in my possession but is running well and movement photos show a clean caliber 1520.
    [​IMG]

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.JPG 16.JPG 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg

I am asking $12,900 which will include international shipping with Parcel Pro insurance. Returns only if the watch is misrepresented. I am happy to answer any questions and provide more photos on request. I have had many sales on Omega Forums with feedback in the Seller Profiles subforum. Please note, the movement and caseback photos were taken by the previous owner. I would be happy to retake these photos for serious buyers.

Edited Jul 26, 2018
    stanmore12, jimmer, jaguar11 and 15 others like this.
  2. rkman11 Jul 24, 2018

Just based on what you’re selling off, I think you have one of the greatest collections around! GLWS!

Candle00 likes this.
  3. shishy www.hpmor.com Jul 24, 2018

Not anymore after he sells them off :whistling:

4. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jul 24, 2018

Beautiful watch..

455b end link is fake..

5. bigsom Jul 24, 2018

Gorgeous watch, beautiful dial. Your macros are a really good example of what original lume plots with a little underlying peek of plot circle look like.

Great to see one of these at a fair price too given the 5513 market these days, this won't last long at all.

6. MikeMan2727 Jul 26, 2018

Thank you for the interest so far!

Bump

7. MikeMan2727 Jul 26, 2018

Just wanted to update this listing after conversations with several members. I mistakenly advertised this dial as a Serif dial based on the lume plots. However, this is a non-serif dial. That being said, serif and non-serif dials do overlap in this serial number range.

Regarding the 455B endlink, I would be happy to adjust the price for a prospective buyer to purchase a matching 580 endlink, which are available online.

Edited Jul 26, 2018
    Kmart, OMGRLX, Mtek and 2 others like this.
  8. bigsom Jul 27, 2018

In the last few days several people have messaged me about this watch. It's always interesting to see people talk about watches without seeing a lot of them in hand. If you speak with people like Beaumont Miller or Shear, they would tell you that non-serif dials mixed in the serif range are not a problem. This configuration is seen on many one owner watches and watches with provenance, but don't just take my word for it. The great thing about this hobby and specifically vintage rolex is that you can learn a lot yourself. You can learn where collectors are flexible and where they aren't. Would you be surprised if the author of 5513mattedial thought that non-serif dials in the serif range are ok? Why not dig into it and figure it out rather than try to fit everything into little rigid boxes. Do the work yourself, go out there and meet people and get to know what's out there, and always be humble about "what you know for sure". We have a lot to learn from people who have been doing this for decades. For me, I've done my diligence and spoken with people I trust including the author of 5513mattedial, and this watch is a steal at the asking price. If I hadn't just bought two Tokyo speedmasters i'd be all in. Whoever snags this will have a very nice watch all in a period correct package.

9. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jul 27, 2018

I agree with you that there is overlap of the production years.
    If you speak with Shear, Jacek, or whoever, they will also tell you, they have a watch for sale... Whether it is period correct or not, they do not care, if you like the watch.. Buy it..
    This particular watch has an impeccable dial, indeed the best feature!..whether it is period correct or not... let the buyer determine what is common or not.
    Beaumont quoted: " The production run of the Serif Dials ran subsequent to the Non Serif Dials and are commonly seen in cases stamped with serial numbers beginning in the early/mid 2.0 million range up until about 1973 consistent with cases stamped in the late 3.0 million range to early 4.0 million range."

I love reading about people saying that "If I had not purchased a.... recently, I would..." Typical of this forum.

10. bigsom Jul 27, 2018

Hi TTG, I'm sorry I was not clear in my post. I had an actual conversation with the person who's website you are quoting. I think if you're serious about collecting 5513s it would be a good idea for you to do the same. He's unbelievably generous with his knowledge and experience.

Also if you're trying to argue that Shear would misrepresent watches he's had and sold, you'd be at odds with most other experienced collectors in this hobby. Where do you think the photos and examples came from for the websites you've learned so much from? I think some time to research and really understand the watch you are questioning would help you make better decisions about what's period correct.

11. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jul 27, 2018

Hey bud,
    move this to another thread before your/my response gets removed if you would like to discuss further..
    LOL

12. bigsom Jul 27, 2018

Sure thing, and apologies if I misunderstood your post!

13. MikeMan2727 Jul 29, 2018

Sunday bump! Offers welcome of course.