Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Rolex Submariner 16800 matte dial circa 1983

1. Charlie3755 Feb 8, 2016

Hello

For your consideration an excellent example of this classic transitional matte dial Submariner ref 16800

Serial number 8,29X,XXX with correct tritium dial and tritium hands.
    The dial and hands are an off-white, eggshell color and are in excellent condition.
    Reference and serial numbers are clearly visible between the lugs.

The watch comes with two inserts.

The original bezel insert is faded to a dark gray color and is in outstanding condition for its age (see pictures 5,6, 8 & 9) There is a score mark through the '30' which is clearly visible in the pictures.

I sourced a second "newer" original insert (see pictures 1 and 4) currently on the watch.

The case and lugs are very full despite the fact that the watch has been polished previously.

Sapphire Crystal is in excellent condition.

The watch wears a 93150 bracelet with all 12 links. Correct 593 end links and "H" code (1983) clasp. Divers extension and shows minimal stretch.

My watchmaker recently checked the watch who stated who stated it appears to be in excellent condition and not in need of a service.

The timing was checked and the watch is currently running at +3 seconds per day. The crown winds very smoothly with minimal resistance.

Asking $6,350 plus Shipping. Wire transfer preferred.

Watch only with second insert.

Returns will only accepted within 7 days of receipt if item is not as described and is returned in exactly the same condition as it was received. Buyer is responsible for the return shipping and insurance.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if additional pictures are required. [email protected] or my cell or Whats App 214 404 9513

While I am new to selling on the forum, references can be provided upon request.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

Sub front 1.jpg

Sub Clasp.jpg

Sub Stretch.jpg

Sub new insert.jpg

Sub Side.jpg

Sub 5.0.jpg

Sub Close 3.jpg

Sub Close 2.jpg

Sub wood.jpg

2. Charlie3755 Feb 10, 2016

Humpday bump

3. Charlie3755 Feb 13, 2016