Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rolex Submariner 16610 Box&Papers L Serial (1989) Mint

1. Pilot85 Oct 20, 2021

Rolex Submariner 16610 - Comes with full paperwork, & fully boxed.

Condition: Case is in amazing conditions with normal signs of wear for the age of the watch but I would say it has never been polished, Original black insert with a petroleum color and beautiful patina on the tritium pip, Original Tritium Dial with no signs of wear and also amazing patina matching the insert, Original Tritium Hands with no cracking and lighter tone than the dial but show a nice tone under the sunlight. The tritium on the whole watch reacts under UV light but disappears as the UV light is removed as it should.
    Original 93150 501B Endlinks Bracelet with no stretch and complete links (12) and the Sub extension. Clasp stamped O5 May 1990.

Accessories: Outer&Inner Box, Submariner Booklet, Your Rolex Oyster Booklet, Rolex Chronometer tag, Rolex Submariner tag,Rolex Calendar 1989/90, Rolex document holder, Rolex Translation Booklet, Rolex attestation de chronometer official, Warranty Papers, Submariner anchor.

Service: No known service history. It's running about -10/15 Sec a day so probably could use a service soon.

Watch Production Date:
    1989. Serial L80XXXX

Watch Sold Date: May 1991 (Sao Paoulo-Brazil)

Price: 12.000 Euros + Shipping. Payment by Wire Transfer to my Wise Account. If you are in the UK I am more than happy to travel to London and meet F2F. Watch is located in Spain and you are more than welcome to come here for a F2F deal. Payment will be always done in advance unless you have wise or revolut for an instant payment.

I have references available from several sales in Chrono24. One from here in the forum and also from TRF.

This watch was sold to me by Mentawatches in Miami and I will happily include the invoice from the sale.

I am selling it because I am in the hunt of a Daytona and need some $$ LOL

Any questions please feel free to DM.
    anchor.jpg booklets.jpg papers2.jpg papers3.jpg warranty papers.jpg

bracelet1.jpg bracelet2.jpg buckle.jpg caseback.jpg clasp.jpg crown.jpg date disk.jpg endlinks.jpg face.jpg lower dial.jpg lower left lug.jpg lower right lug.jpg model number.jpg pip.jpg serial.jpg sun1.jpg sun2.jpg upper dial.jpg upper left lug.jpg upper right lug.jpg
    FlatTop, Just Livin, Seacow and 14 others like this.
  2. jaguar11 Oct 20, 2021

Nice example!!!

Pilot85 likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Oct 20, 2021

This listing has a lot of eyes on it from the usual suspects.
    For any new-comers who have wanted a classic tritium Sub and are waiting to see where this listing goes- this is a war of attrition among the heavy hitters, don’t wait long.

4. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Oct 20, 2021

We can only edit the posts we make in the sales forum. We can edit/delete them in the general forum.

Very nice and detailed pics!

Pilot85 likes this.
  5. Pilot85 Oct 23, 2021

Thanks for all the bumps. Made me laugh a lot the other day but I have seen some have been deleted.

There has been some questioning about the legitimacy of the papers of this watch. Please fell free to visit this threads if you want to know more.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vintagerolexforum/16610-with-handwritten-papers-t268295.html

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=11773953#post11773953

I will bump this with a side by side comparison for those that doubt the oldness of the paper and ink on the paper. I will try contact Smithsonian for a carbon 14 dating to see if something can be arranged.

The other paper in the photo comes from this set I bought.

http://www.db1983.com/our-archive/rolex-datejust-16030-white-buckley-bp-1985?imageID=0
    IMG_0303.jpg

Happy weekend bump. :)

befobe likes this.
  6. ATWG Oct 23, 2021

Initially, I was not going to comment on the papers, but since you have graciously acknowledged some chatter on other forums, I will say that hand written papers really don’t add any value to the watch.

The watch by itself should be the focal point of this sale. It’s a gorgeous neo-vintage in fantastic condition. For me, the papers create unnecessary noise.

GLWS

Jonathan40, emilio, Larry S and 6 others like this.
  7. cvalue13 Oct 30, 2021

Bump so that somebody buys this and removes temptation

blueteg and Pilot85 like this.
  8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Oct 30, 2021

great example. Have the exact same year 16610 (1989) Lovely case and one of the last of hole date subs. 14060M was, believe the last pin hole sub.

GLWS

Edited Nov 10, 2021
    cvalue13, Larry S and Pilot85 like this.
  9. Pilot85 Nov 10, 2021

Bump open to offers :)

10. Pilot85 Dec 18, 2021

Sold, Thank you OF for the space :)

11. jaguar11 Dec 18, 2021

Lucky buyer!!!

JwRosenthal likes this.