Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve Nov 4, 2012

Pulled the trigger and treated myself to this...

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

Wears a lot lighter than my PO

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 4, 2012

Very nice :). It looks just right on your wrist - wear it in good health !

3. alam Nov 4, 2012

I debated long before deciding to get the Submariner - the Sea Dweller was the other contender during my decision. This SD model has such a clean look! Congrats! :thumbsup:

4. Steve Nov 4, 2012

Thanks guys. I've really surprised myself on how different the SD is to my PO on my wrist. I understand now how people say the full size PO is a big 'ol' heavy watch.

5. ulackfocus Nov 4, 2012

The lack of the date wart makes it soooo much nicer. :thumbsup:

6. alam Nov 5, 2012

I have not heard the wart-name calling before! :) I take you are not fan of the magnifying glass/bubble :D

7. ulackfocus Nov 5, 2012

Not in the slightest. If they built it into the crystal from the bottom it would have been fine.

8. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 5, 2012

Respectable Member Steve

You have made the right choice.

I think, the Rolex Sea-Dweller is the best amongst the good diver watches, looks-wise. XYZ.jpg Though I have been an admirer of dress watches, some while go I told myself, it is a watch that I had to have.

Now the price of a good vintage Sea-Dweller has gone through the roof.

Thank-you.

9. Steve Nov 6, 2012

Respectable Member Seamonster

Thank you for your message.

I did look briefly at the Submariner but i'm not a fan of the cyclops, and the Dweller as well as being a sports watch can be worn as a dress watch IMO, its not as 'chunky' as some of my other dive watches.
    Although the new Dweller is a different animal altogether its as tall as a Scooby snack !!. :)

10. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 6, 2012

Respectable Member ulackfocus

Indeed, it is an ingenious and brilliant idea.

Thank-you.

11. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 6, 2012

Respectable Member Steve

Your Rolex Sea-Dweller will never age and you are right, it glows in any environment.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am now still struggling to own a vintage-watch. It has to be an Omega, Rolex or Patek Philippe. These are the three brand-names that have remained closed to my heart.

Currently, the price of the lower-end Rolex and PP vintage-watches is beyond my imagination. Surely they have gone sky-high in terms of desirability. What is left is an Omega diver watch, which I reckon is a top quality diver watch, for the have-not. The population of franken, fake and molested Omega diver watches is indeed very alarming. The same can be said about Rolex and PP watches, too.

If I had the money, buying a new watch is out of the question, with the exception of the Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea, hands down. Is this because the marketing strategy of Rolex is second to none?

Thank-you.

Thank-you.