Forums Latest Members

Rolex Ref. 6022 Cal. 710

1. JFeirman Oct 7, 2018

Hello,
    I am hobbyist servicing Dad's watch and would greatly appreciate some of your expertise. I have completely disassembled the movement but noticed a few things I would like to take care of before cleaning, oiling, adjusting and reassembly.
    I am not particularly happy with the dial work that was done on this years ago. Can anyone tell me what they think was done to it. It looks like some of the numbers on the minute track have been printed over the applied triangles Is this the original dial or were the numbers and all applied features removed from original dial and placed on a new one with the word "Oyster" attempted. Noticed that a case screw has been sheered off by past service person somewhere down the line. Should I use a screw extractor or the alum soak method for this? More confident with screw extraction...A little worried about damage to the movement with the alum soak.
    I Also notice that the crown is wobbling on the stem, perhaps the stem size is too small. It was well attached though and I managed to unscrew them from each other. The threads on the stem I have measure .85 mm probably Tap 10. Maybe I need to step up to Tap 9. Does anyone know the rolex part number or specs for original stem? Or can recommend a stem from another maker. I suppose I should purchase a crown sizing gauge to determine crown's thread size?
    Any experience shared, much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Jeffrey
    IMG_5930.JPG IMG_5931.JPG IMG_5489.JPG IMG_5491.JPG

Thanks
    Jeffrey

2. Sherbie Oct 7, 2018

Personally, i would take this to a competent and trained watchmaker.