Forums Latest Members

Rolex President - ID request

1. Varasc Jan 9, 2014

Good morning,

I am more used to visit the Omega forum, but following the kind request of a colleague, I need your assistance.
    She found this Rolex President and she is currently trying to identify it. It was probably built, or at least bought, in 1977. May I ask your opinion on this watch and its possible value, please?

Since I know that the watch has been lying in a drawer, I already suggested her to avoid winding it - until restored by its seller or a Rolex dealer. Unfortunately I have no direct or appreciable knowledge on this brand.

Thank you indeed,

Marco

IMG_1993.JPG IMG_1994.JPG IMG_1999.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 9, 2014

AFAIK the bark 18K Jubilee bracelet is a very uncommon option

3. Varasc Jan 9, 2014

Thank you Ash. May I ask you in which sense? And more info concerning the watch itself? For instance, she told me it's a President, but I read Oyster Perpetual on the dial.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 9, 2014

President is the unofficial term for the Day-Date, it actually refers to the bracelet which this doesn't have (the president bracelet is a 3-across design, this one has the rarer jubilee option).

5. Varasc Jan 9, 2014

Thank you indeed. And what about the caliber, movement and possible year of production? Would it be worthy of a general restoration and, if so, do you have any suggestion?

6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 10, 2014

Great watch, I think the pattern on the bezel and bracelet is called "moire" or "Morrelis" rather than bark though. Looks like a Reference 1811 and probably from 60s/70s. More exact info can be obtained by taking off the bracelet and caseback though. :)

7. pitpro Likes the game. Jan 10, 2014

Dial is called a pie-pan. Desirable

8. eparisini Jan 15, 2014

Very nice piece!
    I think you can easily put off the bracelet and verify serial number and reference

Cheers