Forums Latest Members

FS Rolex, Ladies' DateJust 69173 Gold and Steel

1. jimmyd13 Jul 1, 2019

The clearout continues with this fullest of full sets. She's a 1993 in overall superb condition and serviced just last month by Simon Freese. The remainder of the 18 month warranty will pass to the buyer. Straight to the photos ...

As said, this is a full set with inner and outer boxes, all links, hang tags and all receipts from the life of the watch:
    IMAG0350.jpg IMAG0353.jpg
    The last service invoice and warranty:
    IMAG0351.jpg

The case measures 26mm in diameter and is made from 904L stainless steel with an 18ct gold fluted bezel. There are very minor wear marks. Dial is a champagne dial with applied baton markers and date at 3 o clock. There are no visible flaws. Hands are all correct. There is patination to the minute hand that is visible under a loupe. The crown is, again, all correct again with the original 18ct gold screw down crown. The bracelet is correct for the watch but later in date, this is a bi-metal stainless steel and 18ct gold Jubilee bracelet. 62523 D -18. At either the first or second Rolex service, Rolex replaced the original bracelet (of course, they didn't return the one that was removed).

IMAG0354.jpg IMAG0355.jpg IMAG0356.jpg IMAG0357.jpg IMAG0358.jpg
    There are minor marks on the bezel and there are also minor scratches on the clasp. The bracelet was refinished at the last service. Although Simon's invoice shows that case and bracelet were refinished, I'm pretty sure he didn't do the case. If he did, I can't see the difference.
    IMAG0359.jpg IMAG0360.jpg
    Why are we selling?
    Offering this for sale purely to make space (and funds) for new watches.

Cost
    The price is £3100.00 including tracked and insured shipping to most of the world. If you live in Outer Mongolia or half way up a mountain in New Zealand, we will have to talk about postage costs.

Payment
    Payment by PayPal F&F. If you want cover, then you pay the fees. Alternately, I'll take a BACS transfer. All these new fangled online exchange sites ... no. Never worked in BitCoins or Facebucks. Don't want to start.

About me
    I collect watches. That simple. However, slightly different to many, I finance my hobby by buying watches and antiques that have fallen out of love; repairing them; and, then selling them (sometimes). I am able to do minor repairs myself but I also have a host of watchmakers who do all the really hard stuff for me. I've used these watchmakers for years and trust them all (most of the time). It's not a business, it's just a hobby that sometimes makes money to enable me to continue to spend more.

Returns
    There really shouldn't be any reason to think about a return. I'll not take a watch back because of buyer's remorse or if it's out by half a minute a day (it's not). As stated above, the remainder of the warranty will go with the watch.

The "thank yous"
    Thanks to OF for providing this space where we can buy, sell and enjoy our hobby.