Forums Latest Members
  1. emilio Aug 9, 2015

Ok I have not flipped any watches in a few months and need some money to buy a vintage Alfa.

Which one would you flip?

My ideal collection has:
    36mm Rolex
    40mm Rolex
    omega speedmaster

I own a Speedy Ed white which will not be sold, but I also own a 79090 Tudor sub

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chronograph Suisse and Rolex oyster will be sold first. So back to the point

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Explorer or GMT?

Mention the tudor as the collection might also be:

Omega speedmaster Ed White
    Rolex explorer 1
    Tudor Submariner

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 9, 2015

Shoot, that's a decision to make. Both are amazing watches on design and performance. I guess the only determining factor is weather you want something that is extremely low profile and modest and perhaps a little easier to dress (explorer) or something with slightly more presence on the wrist that will be immediately identifiable.

In terms of value the Pepsi holds better value, specially as there are no modern Pepsi other than the white gold. Given the pic of your collection (what is that I see 3rd from right?) I'd go with the Pepsi.

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 9, 2015

Either one can be found again. I'd sell the GMT to realize the biggest sales price. That, and I think the ExpI is a very versatile piece.
    I suspect the GMT also has a larger pool of interested buyers.
    If you go one way or the other and change your mind, it's easy to reverse the plan with watches like these. Flip a coin?

4. emilio Aug 9, 2015

Thank you guys.

The third from the left is the same gmt before I changed the bezel..

@Time Exposure you are right. They can both be easily acquired when sold..

I also think about selling the 165.014 vintage seamaster 300 since I hardly wear it.. However that is a watch which can not be easily acquired when sold..

5. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Aug 9, 2015

Nice collection. May we see a close-up of the 165.014?????

6. emilio Aug 9, 2015

Made a few picture when I received my new glc strap.

Really hard to make pictures because of the curving in the crystall and reflections which occur..

image.jpg image.jpg
    RawArcher likes this.
  7. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Aug 9, 2015

Looks awesome emilio! She's a beauty.Thanks for sharing.

8. jud Aug 9, 2015

Keep your GMT. Looks like you have multiple inserts so it is like owning more than one watch.

9. ConElPueblo Aug 9, 2015

Which Alfa? 105-series?

10. emilio Aug 9, 2015

Haha how did you know?

Yes looking for an Alfa giulia coupe (also called: gt, junior, bertone or gtv).

11. ConElPueblo Aug 9, 2015

It's pretty much the archetypical classic Alfa - you simply cannot go wrong with any of the different types :)

My favourite is probably the 1750 GT Veloce Mk. 1... Just perfect. I still have a soft spot for Giulia saloons and Berlinas.

12. emilio Aug 9, 2015

Yes that is also my favorite, don't like the tail lights of the later models..

Although it is hard to find the right one for the right price. They are sold in the Netherlands for prices between 5 and 50k..

ConElPueblo likes this.
  13. Maximus84 Aug 10, 2015

I'm afraid I can't help you on the watch front (although I'd be tempted to say ditch the Explorer), but please post some pics of the motor if(when) you get it. From my avatar you may guess I'm also an Alfa fan - used to have a Brera, now have a Giulietta QV, but appreciate the Classics as well.

14. davidswiss Aug 10, 2015

Nice. I'm envious. I used to have a '60 giulietta sprint coupe and still feel sorry that I sold it a few years ago.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  15. ConElPueblo Aug 10, 2015

This is my classic. Alongside a somewhat younger version of myself :)

[​IMG]

16. Tomas Eriksson Aug 10, 2015

I can take either of your hands, both look like they are in great condition.

17. Slipstreamer Aug 10, 2015

Oh...I thought you were referring to the the 4th gen. Lotus 7 on the other side the Alfa... :)

18. ConElPueblo Aug 11, 2015

Bah, plastic rubbish... ;)

Slipstreamer likes this.