Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rolex GMT-Master ref 1675 1978 MK5 Pepsi bezel

1. chows99 Apr 18, 2019

Dear all,

I would like to offer a Rolex GMT-Master 1675 for sale.

555XXXX serial number i.e. approximate year 1978 production.

The watch is in very good condition. Based on opinions shared by people in this and Vintage Rolex Forums, the case remains thick with even lugs. Case is excellent for its age. The usual micro scratches and minor dings are present as befitting a 40 years watch. But there are no dents on the case itself. Serial number and model number in between lugs looks original and not re-stamped.

The tritium lume is intact on both dial and hands, aged to a lovely creamy yellow. No relume, lume loss or spotting on the dial. Silver date disk with open 6”s and 9’s. Caseback is stamped 1675.

The watch is keeping time well with movement running after 1 shake of the rotor.

The watch is fitted with redback fat font bezel insert faded to a copper/denim colour in excellent condition.

It comes with a 78360 oyster bracelet (11 links) with 593 end links unworn by myself.

No box or papers.

Video inspection of the watch can be arranged via Whatsapp at +65 97677298

I am selling this at USD $15,000 plus FEDEX shipping & Parcel Pro insurance at buyer’s cost. Please add 5% for Paypal and bank transfer is preferred.

I am also able to sell the watch at USD $13,000 with a vibrant blueback fat font insert instead.

I am based in Singapore and welcome face-to-face transaction. I have quite a number of seller references with established members(sold 1675 mk1 on this forum last year) and can be furnished upon request.

Plenty of photos below in different lighting such as indoor and outdoor. No filters or editing done. Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lonestar, Wivac, Lowflight and 8 others like this.
  2. ICONO Apr 18, 2019

Very, very attractive watch…exactly the condition, I would expect from a 40yr old example, that has been regularly worn, & but still cared for

It has been, historically polished, but very sympathetically…lugs are still strong

Refreshing to see, no bullshit, and no ‘botoxing’ of the case, for a change

Does the date of the bracelet, match the watch ?

3. chows99 Apr 19, 2019

Period correct bracelet is stamped 70 as i last checked.

Thanks for the validation. It is much appreciated.

4. chows99 Apr 19, 2019

Period correct bracelet is stamped 70 as i last checked.

Thanks for the validation. It is much appreciated.

5. chows99 Jun 27, 2019

The watch is still for sale reluctantly. Local face to face deal or insured shipping can be arranged at your convenience.

6. chows99 Jul 5, 2019

Watch is still available for sale.

Watch has been send for movement service and mainspring replacement. Even better value proposition now!

[​IMG]

7. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 10, 2019

Nice to know... GMT-master 1675 ( 1959-1980) as worn by astronauts Edgar Mitchell & Stuart Roosa on Apollo 14, Apollo 17 CMP Ron Evans...

8. chows99 Jul 15, 2019

Watch is sold to a nice gentleman who read my post in OF.

Thanks to OF for the space and the coverage!

Aludic and DRjre086 like this.