Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rolex GMT Master 16750 Matte dial 1985

1. photo500 Sep 18, 2016

Hi All,
    Selling a beautiful Rolex 16750 on the oyster bracelet. This is a 8 million serial. Dial is matt with perfectly aged plots and matching hands.

The dial is in very good condition with some small marks visible under a loupe and one larger one visible in certain light to the left of the date cyclops. The Cal 3075 has a quickset date unlike the original 1675. This is a much easier watch to live with if your collection contains more than one piece. The 16750 in this form is essentially the same in appearance to the 1675 although the matte dial is quite rare, most have a gloss dial with white gold surrounding the indices like all later GMT's.

Sold to me as recently serviced. ( I know, I know) I've verified the timekeeping, positional stability and amplitude and while still good I'd estimate the service was probably done 3-4 years ago. If the new owner would like a full service I can do this to factory specification using factory tools ( without refinishing or replacing any of the valuable external cosmetic parts ) at a greatly discounted rate.

I've decided that from this point on I will never sell a watch using the all encompassing phrase "service history unknown but keeping great time" If you buy a watch from me, the way it runs and what I've done to it will be clearly spelled out. Time grapher pics are always available to those that want and understand them.

It went to Rolex NYC in 1995 and as such the case has been refinished at least once in its life. Bevels are still intact.

To date I have completely stripped the case and bracelet, cleaned the case, bezel and bracelet in an ultrasonic bath, then lubricated and refitted the bezel making sure it turns, securely, properly and smoothly. Same with the crown and tube. A new seal sits in the case back, there is no corrosion to speak of. The bezel insert is original, beautiful and genuine. Also fitted a new aftermarket crystal as the original one was cracked almost right around its base. I will include what's left of it for completeness. It passed the waterproof test but I wouldn't go swimming with it personally, this is a valuable vintage watch after all.

Watch and I are located in Perth, Western Australia. Asking $7250 USD PLUS FEES. PayPal preferred but Bank transfer is also good. I ship by Express Post international, usually 4-6 days door to door and will help with customs declarations wherever possible. I have quite a bit of positive feedback here both as a seller and a watchmaker. :)

Onto the pics

Pre crystal change..post bracelet and case clean
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Post crystal change and gentle dial de dusting.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edited Sep 23, 2016
    OMGRLX, RawArcher, chadpowe11 and 9 others like this.
  2. photo500 Sep 23, 2016

Sold locally, thanks for the space OF :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frazierspa, Dre, blubarb and 2 others like this.