Rolex Fined €91.6M for Anti-Competitive Practises in France

Posts
2,597
Likes
5,666
Seems to be a result of not allowing it’s retailers to sell the watches online for the last 10+ years.
 
Posts
24,799
Likes
55,081
The judgement is nothing, but if it means that ADs will be able to sell watches online in the future, that's a big deal.
 
Posts
30,185
Likes
77,933
Sending my thoughts and prayers to Rolex. In other words...

 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,379
Not to worry. There are still plenty of widows and orphans for Rolex to sue. 😁
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,379
Poor Rolex. 🙁 How will the company ever pay such a large fine? 😲 After all, it's owned by a charitable trust. 😕 Oh, wait a minute . . . 👎
Edited:
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
How will the company ever pay such a large fine?

Here’s a thought. How about they manufacture a few extra watches and sell them?

…..I know it was a ridiculous idea, sorry.::facepalm1::
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
Hi, this sounds serious. Have you seen a Doctor? 😵‍💫

Hi, I am an online Doctor. Rolex employ a number of caring people who consent to be drained of blood and have it replaced with purple piss. I read about it in the BMJ….or it may have been one of Rupert Murdoch’s publications.
 
Posts
4,076
Likes
8,773
Amazing alterations alleviate all alcohol activity. Rolex rolls record redundant refuse. 👍

Feeling a little bit of alliteration coming on today, I see. Thank goodness we have an internet doctor in the house to fix both of you right up!
 
Posts
6,472
Likes
22,004
I'm pretty dense.

Why is it anti-competitive for one company to not want to sell its product, whether on-line or in stores?

To be anti competitive or to attempt to form a trust, don't you need to collude with more than yourself, as in two or more competitors attempt to control the price of a market?

If one company, Rolex, attempts to control the price of their product, isn't that normal? They control how much they want to charge. Why is a company required to sell online?

Please explain this to me.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
I think its that they are putting a restriction upon the dealers to not sell online, which if I was a dealer I’d be mighty pissed off if they interfered with how I do my business
 
Posts
3,150
Likes
6,549
If it s a win-win situation, I subscribe any contract. 😉
Selling one ROLEX for 20k (in the store) is smarter than selling 20 XY for 1 k and having probably 5 complaints from 5 customers...