Forums Latest Members

Rolex extract of archive?

1. Dash1 Mar 16, 2017

Does Rolex supply an extract of the archive from the case serial number in the same way Omega does (Omega's being from the movement serial number though)?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 16, 2017

As far as I know they don't, although I have seen one letter confirming the originality of a Day-Date that was just written in typical letter form, three or four sentences in a paragraph on Rolex letterhead and nothing more though I've no idea the context or how it was obtained.

Dash1 likes this.
  3. watchlovr Mar 16, 2017

No they do not.
    A service document is the best you can hope for, unless the watch is "special" in some way to Rolex, ie a presentation watch.
    They might then give you some information on it.

Edit, they used to give you info on Milsubs for example but no longer do.

The_Walrus and Dash1 like this.
  4. Dash1 Mar 16, 2017

Thanks. I've seen letters confirming Milsub serial numbers, it's a shame they've stopped doing that.
    So do collectors rely on serial number ranges to verify something like a Milsub (as well as all parts being correct of course)?

5. Linesiders Stripers, not snook. Mar 16, 2017

Ohhh - I wish - I would love some docs for my old Tudors

6. watchlovr Mar 16, 2017

More or less Ash. Usually when you can get it in your hands (If you have handled a few) you can get a feel for it.
    Always ask the experts though.

Dash1 likes this.
  7. onthedial Mar 16, 2017

@Ash
    All Milsub documentation would be at Rolex. I don't know if the archives were transferred from the UK (re: British military issued Submariners) to Geneva. Some authentic paperwork exists with collectors who've had their timepieces serviced in Great Britain back in the day, and perhaps in Geneva as well (?). Lots of fake documentation abounds, however.

Dash1 likes this.
  8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 16, 2017

Rolex does not give service, even at the store, to fake watches. At least the NYC bOutique does not. even to resize a bracelet they check the entire watch first. So....resize your bracelet.

Dash1 likes this.
  9. watchlovr Mar 17, 2017

A bracelet on a Milsub?

onthedial likes this.
  10. watchlovr Mar 17, 2017

I believe Rolex know just about everything but they tell you nothing.

FYI the detailed "Henry Hudson" (retired) Milsub letters came from his personal notes, as in his youth, he hand delivered many of the Milsubs to MOD bases all round the country and kept details in a personal notebook (or 2!)
    I hope his notes were retained by Rolex but I do not know the answer.

onthedial and Dash1 like this.
  11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 17, 2017

I mean, whatever you want. A strap, a pin. Ask them to wind it for you...

12. chows99 Mar 17, 2017

Wow... That's a good tip... Spend $ on authentication and get them to resize the bracelet will do.

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 17, 2017

I believe, at least in NYC, they will also authenticate for a fee. Can't remember exactly but not that high.

14. The_Walrus Mar 18, 2017

Here in Australia, RSC will supply you an official quote for any work , whether you proceed on not, on a official service document with all your watches details, serial number and all.

Best of all its free , just need to leave the watch behind for a period if 24 hrs.

This is your second best option to missing original warranty papers.

Dash1 likes this.
  15. Sculler22 Mar 18, 2017

Now, that is a very clever strategy. The only downside might be to the prices realized for blank documents that often pop up on ebay.