Forums Latest Members

Rolex and Tudor Basel 2018

1. Riviera Paradise Mar 16, 2018

Well with the GMT BLRO apparently discontinued, I suppose a new GMT is looking like a good bet for Basel 2018.

Rolex just put out the following teaser out and it looks like a new GMT with a Jubilee bracelet is on the cards...still maxi case it seems.

Might be a SS or PM Coke...if it is a new SS Coke...next questions will be whether the BLNR will be discontinued and whether the red ceramic is really true red:whistling:

Seacow and Don Bocadillo like this.
  2. Meme-Dweller Mar 16, 2018

I don't think they're going to discontinue the BLNR. Instead, they're probably going to add more options to the line like possibly a Coke or TT Root Beer. There's going to be something to replace the BLRO and they will probably replace the LN with a red hand instead of the anniversary green.

watch3s likes this.
  3. Seacow Mar 16, 2018

Maybe coke maybe Pepsi . But ether way I am gonna put my name on the list.:cool:

watch3s and blufinz52 like this.
  4. Don Bocadillo Mar 16, 2018

Either way they are obviously releasing a brand new jubilee as that deployant is reminiscent of the current oyster version not the super jubilees hidden deployant...

watch3s likes this.
  5. Anj Mar 16, 2018

Oo interesting, I'm going to Basel next week, hopefully I'll be able to see it in person there.

Caliber561 and watch3s like this.
  6. treiz1337 Mar 16, 2018

I am really hoping for a SS pepsi bezel GMT.

sdre likes this.
  7. Jfullm42 Mar 16, 2018

I think Coke on Jubilee, and if so sign me up!

watch3s likes this.
  8. nima0071 Mar 16, 2018

More of a pepsi fan,

9. ac106 Mar 16, 2018

White gold coke? Wouldn’t that make the most sense to replace a white gold Pepsi?

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. Riviera Paradise Mar 16, 2018

I am not a huge fan of jubilee bracelets. I think they age the GMT and add even more bling. For a vintage piece they make sense, but for a modern hi-tech ceramic bezel GMT, a jubilee seems a bit odd to me.

If we consider the well known technical issues in getting a good tone of red within a bi-colour ceramic bezel, I think a SS LN with a red GMT hand, red dial text and updated movement could also be an option.

However, with the end of the BLRO, it would be strange not have at least one bi-colour GMT dial with a red colour...so perhaps a PM GMT Coke is the only viable option, assuming the the black / red bezel is expensive and inefficient to produce...if not...well then Rolex can launch a SS Coke GMT and it will dominate Basel week similar to the Daytona ceramic release 2 yrs ago.

11. Longbow Mar 16, 2018

How about a Dandelion and Burdock bezel, that’s sort of reddish?::bleh::

TJH and Nathan1967 like this.
  12. Mathlar Mar 16, 2018

I’m curious how many non-Brits have a clue what you are referring to :)

Nathan1967, Foo2rama and Longbow like this.
  13. jfmiii Mar 16, 2018

The WG BLRO was a terrible seller. Id see them in AD windows all the time, all over the world. The watch should have been released in SS to begin with. If they release a Coke in WG or PT, it will be an even worse seller. Coke isnt nearly as iconic as Pepsi. I'm really hoping for a SS Pepsi but not holding my breath. I'm hoping by outfitting whatever watch this is with a jubilee, that it allows them cover to claim they differentiated this version from WG Pepsi enough that they can release a SS Pepsi. But, all logic points to it being a Coke.

watch3s and pitpro like this.
  14. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 16, 2018

I see what looks like bezel teeth.(bottom corner of the red circle)
    That makes me think Sub but that really isn't
    classic Sub, so I'm confused. But a lot of IG
    have been showing old Subs on Jubilees, even
    2 tone Jubilees.
    I love the Jubilee, always thought it was the nicest
    looking and most comfortable Rolex Bracelet(I special ordered
    my 6263 with one in 1979).
    I go with the weird unlikely guess of Sub with Jubilee.
    [​IMG]

watch3s and WhatYourWatchSay like this.
  15. Beefylugs Mar 17, 2018

SS with red ceramic ? Hmmmm. Too difficult to produce for a not-so-expensive steel version. It is the reason why I guess it has been offered only on a WG pepsi GMT. So a red/black ceramic coke GMT on SS ? I don't believe a second in it.

16. R3D9 Mar 17, 2018

Never loved the PCLs of the current GMT - a jubilee would be a welcome switch... I’d love to see a Pepsi in steel... it would be a toss-up for me between that or a BLNR, but if the Pepsi came on a Jubilee, that would tip the scales for me.

All that said, it would be odd for Rolex to release something “new” in steel first... if I had to bet, whatever this is will be in PM first.

17. Kmart Mar 17, 2018

The WG GMT references never made a lick of sense to me. $30k for a solid white gold sports watch?! Who is buying these things? ::confused2::

A new SS GMT would be sweet. Although I would love to see something new with the Submariner (exactly what, I don’t know).

watch3s and Beefylugs like this.
  18. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 17, 2018

I changed my mind.
    I asked myself what would sell best.
    Vintage GMT's are VERY hot now.
    Already had the PM version of Pepsi, so....
    My guess is Pepsi GMT with SS Jubilee
    (helps distinguish and not alienate WG Pepsi
    past buyer as @jfmiii said above). I might even
    buy one. Lusted after BLRO but didn't buy
    bc of price tag.

jfmiii likes this.
  19. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Mar 17, 2018

But the GMT bezel has the same teeth as the Sub, no? No way they would offer the Sub with a jubilee (me thinks)

pitpro likes this.
  20. jfmiii Mar 17, 2018

we dont know what technological improvements Rolex has made since the WG BLRO was introduced. with all SS sport watches trading for over list, they can raise the price of a SS GMT with a Pepsi bezel by $2-3k and will have years long waiting lists like the Daytona. Look at the insanity of the 16710 market. they can price a SS Pepsi at $11k and people will be falling over themselves to hand Rolex their money.

watch3s and pitpro like this.