Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Rolex 36mm Vintage Datejust 1601 Silver Wide Boy WG Bezel from 1971

1. Charlie3755 Feb 7, 2016

Hello

For your consideration an excellent example of this classic Rolex 1601- 36mm Datejust

DJ.jpg

Serial #: 3,286,633 in excellent condition dates the watch circa 1971

Dial:
    The 100% original silver dial, with a light cream patina and original matching tritium hands and plots, gives this watch so many different "looks"

DJ Close.jpg

DJ Main.jpg

Case:
    Stainless steel case appears have been minimally polished, previously. Lugs are thick and even with no scratches, dings or dents.The original early white gold bezel is also in great condition. This watch appears to have been worn very sparingly.

Reference and serial numbers are clearly visible between the lugs.

DJ Model.jpg

DJ Serial.jpg

DJ Back.jpg

Bracelet:
    The watch currently wears a 22 link USA Oval Link "Small Crown" Jubilee, with 555 end pieces. I recently had my watchmaker add two links to the bracelet. It has been expertly refinished and has very acceptable stretch.

DJ Back Clasp.jpg

DJ Back and Bracelet.jpg

DJ Clasp.jpg

Please note:
    My watchmaker examined the watch and determined that a service was not required. A case back gasket was replaced at the time of inspection. On the vibrograph the watch showed excellent amplitude and timed at +3 secs face down.

I had the plexi polished, however 2 tiny, almost imperceptible marks, remain. There is a small spot of tritium missing from the end of the minute hand.

If you already have a bracelet, I will consider selling the head only.

Asking $2,750 plus Shipping. Wire transfer preferred.
    Returns will only accepted within 7 days of receipt if item is not as described and is returned in exactly the same condition as it was received. Buyer is responsible for the return shipping and insurance.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if additional pictures are required. [email protected] or my cell or Whats App 214 404 9513

While I am new to selling on the forum, references can be provided upon request.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

DJ Perlon last.jpg

DJ Clasp.jpg
    Edited Feb 13, 2016
    Noisy Nova and adam78 like this.
  2. Charlie3755 Feb 8, 2016

another look wearing a 62510H D link bracelet

DJ Car.jpg

Bluemartinifan likes this.
  3. Charlie3755 Feb 10, 2016

Humpday bump

4. Charlie3755 Feb 13, 2016

Reduced to $2750