Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rolex 36mm Oyster Precision 6424 with gilt dial, ca. 1965

1. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 2, 2019

I am offering for sale my ref. 6424 Oyster Precision (36mm size with no drilled through lug holes), head-only, with nice glossy gilt dial. The watch was fully serviced by Tommy Taylor (rolexwatchtime on RF and VRF) at the time I purchased it from him, about 2 1/2 years ago, and still keeps excellent time.

CASE: Large, 36 mm steel case (43mm lug-to-lug) in very good condition, with light wear. There are some wear/scratches between the lugs; the case ref. and SN are visible with a loupe (see photos), SN 1,12X,XXX ca. 1965 production. 20mm interlug width. Offered head-only, I can supply a generic black strap if desired (the shell cordovan strap pictured in the last photo is not included).

DIAL & HANDS: Glossy black gilt dial in very good condition, some light marks, but overall very nice, no matte or tropical change. Original baton hands in excellent condition. Lume on dial and hands matches.

MOVEMENT: 10.5 ligne hunter Rolex manual wind movement in excellent condition. Working well, serviced about 2.5 years ago.

I am asking $1700, including shipping/insurance in the USA. Prefer PayPal F&F or bank wire. Prefer a USA sale but will consider shipping elsewhere in the world (+FedEx/parcel pro at cost). All sales final. Please ask all questions by DM. I have bought and sold many watches here, other forums, and on eBay (user name: amdubin).

All the photos but the last were taken by the previous owner.

IMG_1530.JPG DSCN3079.JPG DSCN3086.JPG DSCN3084.JPG DSCN3101.JPG DSCN3102.JPG IMG_9993.jpg
    watch3s, aap, Fabulon and 21 others like this.
  2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 2, 2019

Well, that was fast! Thanks to all those who responded.

watch3s, bigsom, Brianstoops and 2 others like this.