Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Rolex 1675 Pepsi GMT-master (all original, stunning 1978 example, rsc serviced).

1. Japenney Oct 17, 2018

Wow....what a stunning example of a 1978 Rolex 1675 GMT-Master. All original condition. Insert, dial, hands, AND jubilee bracelet are all original and in amazing condition. The case has beautiful chamfers on all 4 lugs and looks amazing (one of the nicest 1675 cases I've seen). The dial and hands are untouched in excellent condition with beautiful matching patina. Comes RSC serviced a few months ago and under warranty.....a true premium example.

Price: $16,500usd shipped and insured worldwide.

I am going to be very picky with trades at the moment. I am mainly looking for a A. Lange & Sohne 1815 chronograph (any version) or a datograph in 39mm in rose gold. I would also consider buying this watch outright.

I am very experienced shipping internationally and am here to answer any questions. I have many references available

Enjoy the pictures...sorry about shadows.

Josh

joshs pepsi watch (1 of 3).jpg joshs pepsi watch (2 of 3).jpg joshs pepsi watch (3 of 3).jpg 20181017_195706.jpg
    Edited Oct 17, 2018
  2. Japenney Oct 19, 2018

$15,999. Dealers asking over 17k for similar. Avoid the markup here.

3. Japenney Oct 21, 2018

I had the watch evaluated by an expert. Dial and hands original untouched as expected. Insert is a service insert. GMT hand is misregistered and needs to be reset by a watchmaker. Reducing to $14,999 firm in light of this fact. Thank you.

Edited Oct 21, 2018
    MikeMan2727 likes this.
  4. Japenney Oct 26, 2018

Heading to my preferred rolex certified watchmaker to have the GMT hand set to the correct time under warranty on Monday.

All trades are now considered.

5. Japenney Nov 4, 2018

The watch is currently at my rolex certified watchmaker having the gmt hand aligned. It will also have everything checked to make sure all is good for the new owner. It is being pressure tested, timing checked, etc. as it is under warranty with Rolex.

I would take 14k for it.

I also just started a 7 day ebay auction for this piece.

6. BenBagbag Nov 4, 2018

It is unfair to eBay bidders to be willing to cancel their bids and end the listing early in order to take an offer here. It may even be against eBay policy. If it's a no reserve auction on ebay, let it run to conclusion.

(There is a way to add a "Make Offer" button to eBay auctions, FYI, but not after you start a listing)

ebay11418.jpg

DRjre086 and sdre like this.
  7. sdre Nov 4, 2018

Again, it doesn't make sense to me. If there's an issue with the watch, why don't you take it up to RSC since its still under warranty?

Also I think more than 1 member asked for better pictures (including myself) because the pictures of the watch looks washed out.

8. Japenney Nov 4, 2018

Anyone can end an auction on ebay if there is more than 12 hours left with no issue. I reserve the right to sell it myself if there is more than 12 hours left. I could have also added a "buy it now" to the ebay auction but people troll this and never pay. This is perfectly normal.

I sent the watch to a rolex certified watchmaker because he can fix it in 1 week versus the 6-8 weeks rsc quoted me.

I replied to your messaged and asked if you were seriously interested as additional pictures are time consuming and you ignored my message so I did not waste my time?

Screenshot_20181104-222325_Samsung Internet.jpg
  9. sdre Nov 4, 2018

I don't get how taking a few pictures under natural lighting would take up your time? Even then, that I didn't take your offer, it would be useful to post the pictures here for prospective buyers to have a clearer look at the watch and help evaluate the piece better.

So yes, I was initially interested however I will have to pass the watch simply the lack of effort on your part to be clear and open with the details of the watch.

Edit:

What I mean is this. An OF member was interested in my Angelus Cal 215 and he asked about the case and pushers. The case is SS however after further inspection, the pushers are indeed chrome.

I updated the sales picture with clearer pictures so that it is transparent to all.

The prospective buyer didn't buy the watch; however I have made another friend @maanu via IG and on OF and to me it's not really about the sale.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/1942-angelus-cal-215-serviced-1700-usd-obo.82978/ <----

10. Japenney Nov 4, 2018

You say a "lack of effort" on my part is what caused you to lose interest in the piece. I call B.S. If you had serious interest all you had to do was state it in our PM conversation instead of vanishing in thin air? Who is the one who is really displaying a lack of effort here?

Unfortunately the watch is with my watchmaker now so I cant take pictures at this time. I will not be responding further here. Please PM with questions.

I am sorry for the multiple responses. I would like to add that i have never had a negative transaction on any watch forum.

Edited Nov 4, 2018
    superfly likes this.
  11. ATWG Nov 4, 2018

I have no dog in this fight, when selling a GMT, it’s only in the sellers interest to provide pictures of the movement, case back, Reference & partial serial #’s between the lugs and additional shots of the lugs. It makes the listing that much more attractive.

This looks like a nice watch, but not enough pics for me to become interested in spending $14k.

Mods- feel free to remove this post if inappropriate.

DRjre086 and shishy like this.
  12. Japenney Nov 4, 2018

I found a few crappy phone pics i took before i sent it off to the watchmaker. I remembered someone asked for some quick pics. Hope this helps.

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg serial.jpg
    DRjre086, superfly and ATWG like this.
  13. ATWG Nov 4, 2018

Very nice case!

DRjre086 and Japenney like this.