Forums Latest Members

Rolex 1675 Green Fat Font

1. kelev_ra Feb 22, 2019

2. airansun In the shuffling madness Feb 22, 2019

I assume the bezel is ‘not right’ given that the imprint is off center. D45B9D0E-9D93-4452-A27F-E24251AFD9B6.jpeg

The 16 and 18 are a little cut off at the bottom and the 4, 6 and 8 are floating. And some of the numerals don’t look correct either.

But I am not a GMT expert (yet) and await wiser eyes.

JanV likes this.
  3. kelev_ra Feb 22, 2019

Well, that's what the other guy said...
    Thanks for your help - very much appreciated!! :)

sdre and airansun like this.
  4. bags1971 Feb 22, 2019

When I first saw it I thought it didn’t look right to me it has 2 different size 0 and 6’s

5. kelev_ra Feb 22, 2019

Will delete sales thread.
    Thank you!

sdre and ATWG like this.
  6. ATWG Feb 22, 2019

I have seen green GMT inserts before, usually in smaller font and evenly aligned. The green inserts are thought to have been prototypes delivered to certain dealers which in turn made their way into the gray market. Most of these prototypes or rare colored inserts (think blueberry) have small notches on the backside as a differentiating insignia, but not all do.

I can't comment on this particular one, other than it's something I haven't seen before. Many of the clues as pointed out are cause for caution. I commend the OP for pulling the FS post.

There are lot of high quality aftermarket replicas being produced. For example, today I was shown a Redback COKE insert belonging to a 16710. Again, another variant never seen before in the collector community causing alarm.

It's getting tougher out there in finding original examples. Hand written Rolex Warranty papers are being peddled on forums with a 100% premium (worth less than toilette paper, in my opinion, see OF FS section) cases are being spot welded and reproduced in Italy to perfection and inserts have long been on the watch out list.

All this makes vintage collecting more challenging and ultra sensitive to anomalies.

Good luck.

-A

mr_yossarian, DRjre086, sdre and 4 others like this.
  7. BenBagbag Feb 23, 2019

I saw this too and wondered the same thing. Thanks for bringing this up!

sdre likes this.
  8. sdre Feb 23, 2019

Kudos to OP for being upfront and honest about his sale.

A breath of fresh air.