Forums Latest Members

FSOT Rolex 1675 GMT-Master Pepsi Circa 1978 RSC Warranty

1. Japenney Dec 1, 2018

FSOT is a Rolex 1675 GMT-Master from 1978. The dial and handset are all original and untouched. They are both in amazing shape with an excellent matching cream patina and no significant damage to report. Make no mistake, this is the factor which is most important to the value of a vintage Rolex and this watch does not disappoint. Please excuse any dust on crystal in my most recent set of pictures. These are not flaws on the dial. This watch comes on a Rolex Jubilee bracelet from the early 1970's. I previously had this watch listed for sale but took it down when it needed a small fix under warranty which was completed this week.

The watch is in perfect working condition. It was just serviced by Rolex in April of 2018 and is still under 1 year international warranty. I also just had the watch back from my preferred Rolex certified watchmaker this week. He pressure tested the watch for me, found it to be keeping excellent time within 8 seconds per day, and took a movement picture for me (looks like Rolex did a clean job). Finally, he fixed the GMT hand alignment under warranty as it was off.

I am considering all trades on this piece. Please PM with questions. I can text or email higher resolution photos.

I have several references on this forum, 5000 posts and references on rolexforums.com since 2013, and many references on canwatchco.ca in Canada.

I am happy to ship fully insured with parcel pro fedex international priority worldwide. Please PM or text/call 709 660 3051 if you wish to discuss international shipping.

Price: $13,950 USD shipped and insured anywhere in the world. Discount for Canadian buyers due to exchange rate and international shipping costs.

Pepsi GMT (15 of 22).jpg Pepsi GMT (12 of 22).jpg Pepsi GMT (13 of 22).jpg Pepsi GMT (14 of 22).jpg Pepsi GMT (16 of 22).jpg 20181114_152409.jpg
    The Father, Wivac, MaiLollo and 3 others like this.
  2. Davidt Dec 2, 2018

The Father and Steve1haggart like this.
  3. Japenney Dec 2, 2018

Sometimes people make mistakes. Sorry about that :). Thanks for the free bump David. A bit ironic perhaps.

reficul_x, Steve88M3 and Spacefruit like this.
  4. Japenney Dec 4, 2018

I will be in New York for a week from the 8th of December. Watch can come with me (currently in Canada). Make an offer if you like.

5. Japenney Dec 14, 2018

Reduced to a firm $12,650 usd shipped and insured anywhere in the world. If you dont like the fact that it has a service insert I can point you to one of my friends in the USA who have red back inserts for sale and with the $1500 you are saving on my original asking you can buy a period correct one.

6. Japenney Dec 19, 2018

Someone was quite rude on here recently when I reduced the price on a listing after marking it as firm (like I did above). They said something like "how will people believe its firm if you keep marking it down after stating that".

Well you see. On Friday in my head the lowest I wanted to accept was $12,650. Today I have changed my mind and the lowest I want to accept is $11,999. People chage their minds when they find another watch they like....decide they want funds for Christmas...etc. If that does not make sense I dont know what to say.

The Father, Lonestar and Nathan1967 like this.
  7. Faz Dec 19, 2018

Maybe in the future, just state a price? Avoid the acrimony.

Cheers

BenBagbag, sdre and maanu like this.
  8. Ninja2789 Dec 19, 2018

I don't understand why anyone would give someone grief about lowering the price.

I cant count how many people have reached out to purchase a watch from me only to back out later. I don't hold that against them as people change their mind about so many things after all.

Don't mind the peanut gallery and just sell it at the price you're comfortable with. That's what the FS section is for after all.