Forums Latest Members
  1. Paedipod Sep 6, 2015

2. ulackfocus Sep 6, 2015

Love that case style. One of my all time watch crushes is a Sympathie Guilloché.

RogerDuBuis.jpg

They make their own in-house calibers, equal in quality to the better manufacturers. Their styling has always been a bit avant garde. Nice watches, and best bought on the preowned market because of huge depreciation. All their watches are released in batches of 28. Something happened early on in the company's history where they sold 28 pieces to somebody of importance and ever since that's been their LE number.

Northernman likes this.
  3. Paedipod Sep 6, 2015

Thanks Dennis,
    Very helpful....I am guessing that given the "rarity"/avant garde nature of these ones would not be a lot of reason to generate a fake. Asking as there are no papers on the one on offer.
    The xx/28 is then kind of like the Jacquet Droz/88 and some of the BP stuff.
    cheers
    P

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 6, 2015

Great pedigree on these watches. I personally would try to get a unit prior to then being bought by the Richemont Group. I forget the exact year that happened though but I think 2008/2009.

The one you're considering is not ad j trusting to me as done other watches they've made, but no question about their quakity.

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 6, 2015

Just checked....august 2008.

6. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Sep 6, 2015

One watch in particular stuck out with me with them and it's the only one I ever remember.

ldubuisf41.jpg mdubuism91.jpg mdubuisk51.jpg
    Northernman, Fer Seamaster and SeanO like this.
  7. Paedipod Sep 6, 2015

Wow! nice pics front and back....is the reason you are for the hand winder to see the whole movement? Or something else?

8. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Sep 6, 2015

Unless you have a microrotor you've always got that rotor in the way - yeah. Manual winds are simpler designs that I really tend to love more. There are a few automatics that I adore - but they are far fewer than manual winds.

Also, manufacturers have to be more rigorous with their finish, since everything is so open and obvious on the back. For some companies, it doesn't matter too much and finish will always been top notch - but with others, but you tell.

George.A likes this.
  9. Fer Seamaster Sep 8, 2015

I only knew the models they have manufactured since the Richemont takeover and, to be honest, I do not like them - only a matter of personal taste.

But these pre-Richemont models you are featuring are gorgeous. I would like to see them in the metal.