Forums Latest Members
  1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 16, 2022

This one is very tough to part with, but I am raising funds for a separate venture and don't regularly wear this rare beast, so I've come to terms with letting it go. I am guessing most viewing this listing are familiar with the lore surrounding the Geometer, but for the uninitiated, it is believed that the Geometer was introduced in 1954 (three years prior to the original Omega Speedmaster) and these watches have gained significant interest from the collector community in recent years. This is one of the best Geometer examples that I've observed over the years, so a common theme below will be the well preserved nature of the watch. See below for condition details:

Dial: Flawless dial that exhibits vivid and even patina. There are two dial types for Rodania Geometers and this is the version with "convex" grooved subdials, nearly identical to the Omega Speedmaster. Lume is all original.

Hands: Hands are correct, fully original, and match the dial patina closely.

Case: Case appears to be unpolished, with sharp lines and only minor surface swirls present. Caseback and crown are both correct and original.

Movement / Functionality: Functionally, the watch performs perfectly and the Valjoux 72 movement is in excellent condition. The Geometers featured a Valjoux 72 movement that was adjusted to three positions - something rarely seen outside of Rolex during that era. Winding is smooth and the chronograph functions perfectly and resets to zero. I have owned the watch for five years and have worn it very infrequently. As such, a service is recommended if it will be worn consistently and the watch is sold as-is.

Accessories: The watch will be sold with the Milanese bracelet shown in the pictures below (generic and not Rodania branded). No other accessories.

My asking price is $20,000, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Denver is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have many references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space.
    Rodania_Geometer-1.jpg Rodania_Geometer-2.jpg Rodania_Geometer-3.jpg Rodania_Geometer-4.jpg Rodania_Geometer-5.jpg Rodania_Geometer-7.jpg geometer-6.jpeg geometer-7.jpeg

2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 19, 2022

Bump

3. timoss Oct 19, 2022

What a beauty … glws

bazamu likes this.
  4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 25, 2022

As a quick update, there are two buyers who have expressed interest but need to free up funds before buying this. I have told them both that: i) whoever raises the funds first will get it, and ii) that I will be leaving this thread open as well (but not actively bumping it beyond this post). SO, if any potential buyers have immediate funds and want to speak for it, now is the time. Otherwise, I will sell to one of the two other buyers at some point in the near future. Cheers, Rob