Forums Latest Members
  1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 25, 2012

America and the world owes you a great debt. You will always have a special place in the heart of the fans of the omega speedmaster.

2. alam Aug 25, 2012

+1

I remember watching this broadcast live on our B&W Zenith TV...

3. imt58 Aug 25, 2012

I remember the whole school being taken into the assembly hall to watch the landing. Momentous aswell as getting us out of lessons!
    On TV he always seemed a true gent.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 25, 2012

We definitely lost a legend in Neil, its a shame he never got to see humanity return to the moon after the Apollo program ended.

Neil_Armstrong_pose.jpeg

5. Steve Aug 25, 2012

Sad sad loss. R.I.P Neil Armstrong. Look up at the Moon tonight and remember that great achievement.

6. astrosfan Aug 26, 2012

A true hero from a time when America was reaching to be the very best. What an inspiration.

7. William.H.Bonney Aug 26, 2012

RIP neal, he will surely have a nice place in heaven

8. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 26, 2012

Respectable Member William, H. Bonney

When alive, he has already set foot close to heaven and surely he will be in that nice place, now.

RIP Neil Armstrong.

Thank-you.

9. porschefan Aug 26, 2012

What a life lived.

There's a comedian, I don't remember the name, that did a gag about the few men that walked on the moon, and how it was the best ever trump card to use at a dinner party, especially to shut up a braggart. It went along the lines of Neil Armstrong sitting at a table, and some dude bragging about all of the places he's been, and all of the things he's done, then all Neil says is, "I walked on the moon."

10. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Aug 26, 2012

He made me want to be an astronaut when I was a kid. RIP Neil Armstrong. We'll always remember you.

11. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Aug 27, 2012

As was posted on another watch site:

He was a hero for all mankind.

But to watch-nerds, he was even more. You see, there has been no more storied use of a mechanical wristwatch than that of the Apollo astronauts. The folk-lore around Omega's Speedmaster is built entirely around the fact that it was the watch chosen above five others (including those from Rolex, Heuer, and others) to become the official watch of NASA, and thus, the first watch on the moon.

What most people don't know is that while Armstrong was certainly the first man on the moon, his watch was not the first watch. In fact Armstrong left his Speedmaster aboard the lunar module because the mission timer had failed. So, it was actually his colleague Buzz Aldrin's Omega that first made an appearance on the moon.

Heaven......Neil Armstrong has landed.

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 27, 2012

Very well said