Forums Latest Members
  1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 27, 2017

December 8, 1947- May 27, 2017

Vitezi and Baz9614 like this.
  2. repoman May 27, 2017

I'm just learning to appreciate the Allman Bros music (yeah, I know, where have I been the last 40 years). Duane was taken too early. Greg lived hard, in some ways I'm surprised he lasted this long. Great music.

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 27, 2017

Saw him and the band at Interlochen last summer. Fantastic show but saw this coming. What an artist!

4. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan May 27, 2017

Yes sad news indeed. Another great rock'roll icon.:(

One of my 1970's teenage memories was speedskating at an ice rink in South London on Sunday nights. What did we speed skate to? Jessica of course! This inspired me to buy the album Brothers and Sisters, which sat in the tape deck in my car for 'god knows how long'. On the way home we would crank up the volume, and sing along.

"Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,...Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can....
    And when it's time for leavin',... I hope you'll understand,...That I was born a ramblin' man."

Great band.

noelekal and Larry S like this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 27, 2017

Sad to hear of this.

Allman Bros always cranks real good on the stereo. No real replacements in sight, playing the rock music I appreciate.

Larry S likes this.
  6. bubu16 May 29, 2017

I used to have all their vinyl albums. Greg's sad and haunting voice was just one in a million. "Queen of Hearts" from his solo album is just awesome. Live in Fillmore East is arguably one of the bests live album of all time. They perform here in NYC every year at Beacon's and I planned to go there this year but too late!!! So long Greg. Such a "Cross To Bear".

Larry S likes this.
  7. bubu16 May 29, 2017

Greg composed "Sweet Melissa" without the title and he went nuts thinking about it. It never rhymed with most names until one day when he was in a supermarket, a pretty spanish young girl ran away from her Mom and she called her out loud "come back here Melissa" and Greg smiled and said aaaaaahh "My Sweet Melissa".

Larry S likes this.
  8. Hijak May 30, 2017

Sad day indeed!