Forums Latest Members
  1. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 8, 2020

2. JwRosenthal Nov 8, 2020

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 8, 2020

This is so sad. We all knew it was coming, unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see what they will do on Monday at 7:30pm. I will be watching.
    gatorcpa

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 8, 2020

All of Canada mourns...particularly Sudbury and Ottawa...

tpatta, mydeafcat, ATWG and 1 other person like this.
  5. flw history nerd Nov 8, 2020

JwRosenthal likes this.
  6. Walrus Nov 8, 2020

Heard it this afternoon. The news started doing a little tribute to him talking about his history. Seemed like a decent guy. RIP

JwRosenthal likes this.
  7. vintage hab Nov 8, 2020

and Howie Meeker also passed today :(

mydeafcat likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 8, 2020

Bummer. I can hear his voice in my head...watched a lot of games with his commentary.

9. Marsimaxam Nov 8, 2020

Answer: Who is Alex Trebeck?

Question: Best QUIZ show host ever... and Jeopardy will never be the same. Will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

From the Jeopardy Website:

Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends. He was 80 years old.

Alex was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March 2019, and he continued to host Jeopardy! for the next 18 months. Throughout that time, Alex was open and public about his battle with cancer. Jeopardy! episodes hosted by Alex will air through December 25, 2020 (his last day in the studio was October 29). The show is not announcing plans for a new host at this time.

Born in Sudbury, Ontario, Alex hosted dozens of game shows before becoming the host of Jeopardy! in its syndicated debut in 1984. He hosted more than 8,200 Jeopardy! episodes over the course of nearly 37 seasons, setting a Guinness World Record for hosting the most episodes of a single game show. Alex won the Daytime Emmy® Award for Outstanding Game Show Host seven times and was honored with Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. He received the Order of Canada honor from his native land in 2017.

“This is an enormous loss for the Jeopardy! staff, crew and all of Alex’s millions of fans. He was a legend of the industry that we were all lucky to watch night after night for 37 years. Working beside him for the past year and a half as he heroically continued to host Jeopardy! was an incredible honor. His belief in the importance of the show and his willingness to push himself to perform at the highest level was the most inspiring demonstration of courage I have ever seen. His constant desire to learn, his kindness, and his professionalism will be with all of us forever,” said Mike Richards, Jeopardy! Executive Producer.

Alex is survived by his wife of 30 years, Jean, and children Matthew, Emily, and Nicky. The family has announced no plans for a service, but gifts in Alex’s memory could go to World Vision.

Edited Nov 8, 2020
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 8, 2020

Alex would have wanted you call it a “quiz show” rather than a game show. :thumbsup:

kkt, mydeafcat and X350 XJR like this.
  11. Marsimaxam Nov 8, 2020

I will correct in his honor... thanks for letting me know Archer.

Archer likes this.
  12. Evose Nov 8, 2020

Rip, we’re losing some greats in 2020. What a year...

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 8, 2020

What a year indeed.

14. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 8, 2020

I do hate that we lost Alex. Watching his daytime quiz show for me has been a sweet semi-intellectual diversion in every day. He will be greatly missed!

...and F**k 2020, let’s just enjoy our next few remaining holidays and leave it behind us… Soon!

mydeafcat and X350 XJR like this.