Forums Latest Members
  1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 24, 2016

I found this post on another forum. It concerns servicing an Omega 565. Much of the information is useful across the 560-565 group. The author explains parts and their functions in simple terms. It is not perfect but it is instructive.
    Ironically the author was solving a simple problem that I am currently working on as well. His movement was missing a small simple part that is very important in setting the date wheel: The Correcting yoke, #563-1568. I have a 565 that was also missing this piece and I had to find a replacement. While this is a simple tiny piece, it is often not cheap.
    30a.jpg

Here is the link with English translation.
    https://translate.google.com/transl...si%C3%B3n-de-movimiento-Omega-565&prev=search

Original link, Spanish.
    http://www.foroderelojes.es/showthread.php/31682-Revisión-de-movimiento-Omega-565

OMGRLX, GregH, ViaAppia and 2 others like this.
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Feb 24, 2016

I always have some of them for spare.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 24, 2016

Some scary work there...anyway, the correcting yoke is still available from Omega, and is $69. I don't think I have ever come across a broken one, and I service a lot of these to put it mildly. Not sure how it would get broken, although the date corrector seen in that review is the old style and should be replaced with the new type (it is considered a mandatory replacement parts by Omega). That old style corrector has zero flexibility and I guess could damage the correcting yoke (and certainly the date indicator) in the event of a jammed condition and someone forcing a date correction...

Cheers, Al

cicindela likes this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 24, 2016

Yes Al, you can tell the work is not up to your standards, but felt the narrative was interesting none the less. I think the issue with the correcting yoke is that fumble fingered technicians (not sure if you would call them watchmakers) lose them or otherwise leave them out !!
    I know in my case someone put a 565 back together without it.

Do you have images of the old style corrector VS the new one?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 24, 2016

The old style is the one shown in that thread and the steel part laying on top of this package. I believe this has been reported to be the new one in error by some sources, but the new one is the @ looking part that is more copper coloured in the package:

[​IMG]

The reason the old one is replaced is that because it is inflexible, and it can easily cause damage to the teeth of the date indicator if the quick change date feature is operated while the date change is engaged - note the damage to the edges off all the teeth on this date indicator:

[​IMG]

Because of the way the quick change is operated, pulling past the hand setting position, it can easily to do this even if you don't intend to and are just pulling the crown out to set the hands - pull a little too strongly and you have caused damage if done at the wrong time. The new corrector will just temporarily deflect and nothing gets damaged at all, but if something does fail it will be the corrector rather than damage to the date indicator.

I managed to salvage this date indicator by stoning down all the burrs that were raised on it, and I'm now testing it - may still replace it but so far it's working well.

Cheers, Al

cicindela, pascs and Modest_Proposal like this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 24, 2016

Top notch info Al , as usual .:thumbsup:

OMGRLX likes this.
  7. JohnSteed May 22, 2016

OMGRLX likes this.
  8. micampe May 22, 2016

Nice. I like not having to tear mine apart with no idea of how to put it back together to see how it works.

9. micampe May 22, 2016