Reversing date on 300 seamaster

Posts
18
Likes
7
I set the date on my seamaster 300. Can I go backwards 24 hours or do I have to click forward 30 days?
 
Posts
500
Likes
966
Which Seamaster 300 are we talking about? Or what caliber does it have?
 
Posts
13,488
Likes
31,800
Assuming that you actually have a vintage Seamaster 300 with a caliber 563/565, then sorry I hope your fingers don't get tired.
 
Posts
2,477
Likes
3,866
With the 8800, you can only go forward with the date, whether in date setting Crown Pos 2 or time setting Crown Pos 3. So if you skip the date, you have to go all the way around.

Did you RTFM?
Really classless and uncalled for. You can go be a douchebag at the Rolex forums Wal-mart.

I'll even leave images of the manual for you. If you know even remotely anything about Omega, the manuals are always very generalized and are in 9 million different languages. Only one [English] page dedicated to the 8800. It says nothing about the caliber's date change limitations. OP had a legitimate question.

Edited:
 
Posts
265
Likes
434
The date only goes forward.

That's why I always set the date to the day before and then wind forward to the current time and correct date.
 
Posts
3,430
Likes
9,094
You can go be a douchebag at the Rolex forums.

Hey, we don't want douchebags on TRF either 🙁
 
Posts
1,323
Likes
1,335
Whoa, date setting not recommended between 8pm and 2am on the new calibers that’s not good!

I always make sure the hour hand is moved to the south side of 3 and 9 before I ever use the quick set function on any watch.
 
Posts
5
Likes
2
Wow…I never thought about that. I always go date first, then time. Very enlightening. Just something I never thought about! I learn something new everyday.
 
Posts
18
Likes
7
Hey, we don't want douchebags on TRF either 🙁
Thank you all. And if it weren't for people like borre I would never have known what"RTFM" meant 😀
 
Posts
2,799
Likes
5,802
Thank you all. And if it weren't for people like borre I would never have known what"RTFM" meant 😀
You and me, both 👍