Forums Latest Members

Reversible Watches – Famous And Less Famous Models

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Oct 6, 2014

[​IMG]
    For many people, a watch is not only a device that tells time, as numerous other devices surrounding us can do that today. It is also a piece of art, jewelry, perhaps a status symbol or perhaps equipment for something else as well. From diver watches to chronographs with pulsation scale on its bezel for specific pusposes. Then you have those watches that people wear all the time; even when playing sports. We all know the history of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Reverso and the British polo players. Have you heard about Cartier’s Basculante or Universal Geneve’s Cabriolet though? Read on! Reversible Watches […]
    The post Reversible Watches – Famous And Less Famous Models appeared first on Fratello Watches.

2. leonlecoultre Sep 5, 2020

Does anybody know what the original caliber of the UG Cabriolet was?

3. Marsimaxam Sep 5, 2020

Thanks for posting an interesting read. I knew about Jaeger-LeCoultre's Reverso watch, but, I was unaware of the complaints of the British polo players that led to its design. Yes, I've heard about Cartier's Basculante, but not the UG Cabriolet.
    I once considered buying a modern day reverso, the Jaeger LeCoultre Grande Reverso Calendar Moonphase Rose Gold Watch, but, it was too dressy and I don't wear dress watches often and I already had a few dress watches, so I passed. It seems most reverso watches tend to be on the dressy side.
    I also liked hunter case watches. serve same purpose of protecting the dial. and considered purchasing, but, then I thought it would be a bit annoying to be opening and closing the case to view the time. Panerai made a beautiful hunter style case watch a few years back.
    jaeger-lecoultre-grande-reverso-calendar-moonphase-rose-gold-watch-q3752520-27619_03f42.jpg Panerai-Luminor-1950-Sealand-Purdey-11-768x738.jpg Panerai-Luminor-1950-Sealand-Purdey-17.jpg

4. jsducote Sep 5, 2020

NO!! I want a Reverso and now Hodinkee is going to steal this article and they're going to go up in price like 1000% and I won't be able to get one! :(

5. hockey Sep 5, 2020

I used to have an Omega Equinox. Here are both sides.

1981 Equinox.jpg

1981 Equinox 2.jpg

Zapatta likes this.