Forums Latest Members
  1. jblau Nov 14, 2016

what would you guys suggest is fair is all pictures of a watch were posted to the best of ones ability, you make yourself available should anyone want more pictures and a month and 3 days later someone wants to do a return?

2. jebula Nov 14, 2016

Well... usually it's returns accepted if item is described differently than it really is, or photos give wrong info. In your case I wouldn't accept a return if that is the case. Always depends on the situation tho. You can be a nice guy and accept it always :D

3. LawBrk Nov 14, 2016

Unless the issue is a serious one that may constitute "false representation" or "knowingly misrepresented" then I would say it is.....too bad so sad for the buyer.

efauser likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 14, 2016

Inquiring minds want to know what the buyer is saying the issue is.

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Nov 14, 2016

Only if materially different than stated. Any mechanical issue thay should arise in the near future then case by case basis.

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 14, 2016

I think this is a good policy but what time frame do you consider "in the near future"? I think 30 days is more than generous.

7. JohnSteed Nov 14, 2016

If a watch received is different than the description in the listing. Return policy should be in the listing too

8. jblau Nov 14, 2016

https://omegaforums.net/threads/mens-tudor-black-bay-79220n-41mm-2015-2-700-obo.46343/

Link is here, i think i accurately portrayed the watch within the pics as well as the description. I always recommend people to contact me for more pics if they are sticklers. Watch was delivered on Oct 6th. Now today i get a txt that he said he hadn't had a chance to look at the watch with his contacts in and its grossly wrongfully described.

9. jblau Nov 14, 2016

Tell me what you guys think.

10. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Nov 14, 2016

If I were selling it would also depend upon how easy would it be to sell again at the same price. If it sold quickly the first time I would be more inclined to accept the return. But if I were the buyer I could understand why you would say no.

11. gop76 Nov 14, 2016

"he said he hadn't had a chance to look at the watch with his contacts in"

Are you serious? He said that?

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  12. jblau Nov 14, 2016

swear to god.

13. alam Nov 14, 2016

14. jebula Nov 14, 2016

He should have told you his concerns earlier, over a month is pretty long time.

15. jblau Nov 14, 2016

Thats how i feel, i mean a day, a week, 2 weeks but over a month later. Thats insane to ask for anything.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  16. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 14, 2016

Two things I would include: No returns unless watch is not as described and photos are considered part of the description. Nothing is jumping out at me as "grossly wrongfully described". I would tell him to pound sand. 33 days is bad enough but the contact lens excuse is total bullshit.

jblau likes this.
  17. jblau Nov 14, 2016

Yup, thx everyone!

18. WatchVaultNYC Nov 14, 2016

The important thing is that whatever the return policy is - whether it's "return it any time" or "no returns whatsoever" - it should be disclosed on the listing so that there is absolutely no ambiguity about what the buyer is getting into.

If return policy is not disclosed, all bets are off.

There was a guy once who bought an AT from me, and months later it started not keeping time well. He said that I was responsible for maintenance(!) and won a credit card chargeback, so he kept both watch and money - basically theft. That's even with a well described watch and very clear return policy. I have the debt collectors after him now.

19. jblau Nov 14, 2016

I just dont understand people. I buy all the time, and know im getting a pre owned watch. I expect it to have some little imperfections and wear. If i want a new watch and i dont have a hook up ill go to the store pay full retail and get a brand new watch. People now adays wants new for below wholesale cost prices. I just bought a B01 from a huge company (Wont list the name) i deal with them often, it doesnt have the cosc cert, missing 2 links and didnt have the pillow for the box. They told me it was complete. Instantly i let them know the issue and ill deal with it. But 30-45 days later. Thats just BS.

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  20. alam Nov 14, 2016

Incredible! Now I wonder if a PP payment sent as a "gift" but charged to a CC will be subjected to a chargeback too?? Anyone?