Forums Latest Members

Retrofit "rack-and-pusher clasp" on PO or Speedmaster 9300

1. MyLifeUncut Aug 4, 2015

Quick question: Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the original clasp on...
    a) ...the Planet Ocean 45,5 mm and
    b) ...the Speedmaster Co-Axial Chronograph (9300 movement)
    with Omega's new "fold over rack-and-pusher clasp" (see photo)?

Next question is of course: How much would it cost?

Thanks for your comments.

Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 21.44.10.png
  2. OMEGA8605 Aug 5, 2015

I don't know if it will fit or not, but any Omega with a bracelet should have this feature.

3. MyLifeUncut Aug 5, 2015

No, the Speedmaster Co-Axial Chronograph (44,25 mm / Cal. 9300) and the Planet Ocean do not have this feature. I know that for sure because I tried both models on several times.

4. OMEGA8605 Aug 5, 2015

Sorry I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was Omega should start adding this feature to all their bracelets. Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

5. MyLifeUncut Aug 5, 2015

No, I am sorry, after reading your post again I see that I misunderstood it. :)

6. OMEGA8605 Aug 5, 2015

We really need to find out if this would work though. I for one know, if this fits a Planet Ocean 600M GMT, I'd be all over it. That's the biggest flaw IMO of this watch. Sure it has the divers extension, but let's be honest, who really uses that? I would get way more use out of the adjustable clasp.

7. cuts33 Aug 5, 2015

I for one would love to see the new clasp on the PO once that line gets updated with the "Master" movement.

I am also holding out a slim margin of hope that they will put a solid caseback on it.

I know they are proud of the movement and that it doesn't need a caseback to protect against magnetism, but it does need the caseback to protect against being thicker than a hockey puck.

8. MyLifeUncut Aug 5, 2015

Is there an educated guess as to when we might see an update to the PO line?

I totally agree with all of your statements. I would also prefer a solid caseback if it makes the watch thinner. At least, they should make it an option. In my opinion, the big size PO is the only watch in the current lineup with halfway decent proportions (45,5mm wide / 15,5 mm thick), but I don't like the matte ceramic bezel. At about the same thickness, the 42mm is too small and the PO GMT (43,5/17,5) and PO Chrono (45,5/20mm) are just way too thick.

9. OMEGA8605 Aug 9, 2015

I was browsing on the Rolex forums and one of the members has replaced the standard clasp with the new adjustable style, so it can be done. I'm guessing that you would have to contact your A.D. to order the part, because I can't find the part on oferi.com. The part number is STZ001154. IMO this will be one step closer to making the watch perfect.

10. Rockmastermike Aug 10, 2015

Good to know....thanks