Forums Latest Members

Results!!!! Watch Show This Friday In Dallas. Anyone going (besides me)?

1. redpcar Feb 27, 2019

There is an NAWCC swap day Friday and Saturday at the Mesquite Convention Center in Mesquite, TX. Gobs of collectors and dealers set up and trade/sell. One of my favorite days.
    Anyone else going?

2. Au79 Aluminium Feb 28, 2019

Never been to one of these so I googled it after reading your post. I visited NAWCC website and read up on it. Definitely cool. I also went to YouTube to see some footages of the show but couldn't really find any worthwhile. Are there a lot of watches on display and to buy?

3. redpcar Feb 28, 2019

Everything from the very high to very low. Patek to Timex (yes, plenty of Omega). Parts. Pocket watches. Clocks. Books. Signage. Tools.
    50 to 100 people there selling usually.
    I'm stopping by the bank today to pick up a Wad-O-Cash.
    $35 entry fee and you have to be a member of NAWCC.
    Fun for me because I get to see a bunch of my old friends.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 28, 2019

Can you postpone until mid May :( ?

5. redpcar Feb 28, 2019

Don't worry, it comes around every year. There is one coming in Houston late summer. Even bigger. We can carpool ;)

cicindela likes this.
  6. Au79 Aluminium Feb 28, 2019

It looks like there is one near my neck of the woods in Del Mar, CA in Oct. That is more than 6 months away but I think I can hold it together until then. ;)

Redpcar, how much is the membership for NAWCC? Are there any other perks of the membership besides the show?

7. redpcar Feb 28, 2019

You get 2 spam emails per day, magazine every other month, membership to their website, and access to the watch show when it comes to town.
    If memory serves, there are several levels of membership. I think $50 to $70 annual is the lowest (me).

Au79 likes this.
  8. Au79 Aluminium Feb 28, 2019

Thanks for all the info. I will definitely get the membership and go to the one near here in October.:thumbsup:

9. CJpickup57 Feb 28, 2019

Looks like I have a trip planned now in August for the show in my neck of the woods!

10. corn18 Feb 28, 2019

The show is 27-28 Feb. That means it ends today. Which is the day before Friday. I was all excited and ready to spend until I checked the dates.

https://wwtshows.com/mesquite-regional-watch-jewelry-collectibles-show-february-27-28-2019/

Wait, according to the NAWC website, it is at the Mesquite Convention Center 1-2 Mar:

http://www.chapter124.org/regional/2019/2019RegionalRegister.pdf

Now I am excited again. Or maybe I am cornfused. I guess the show on 27-28 is the WTT and the show on 1-2Mar is the NAWC?

Edited Feb 28, 2019
  11. redpcar Feb 28, 2019

Confirmed with some people selling there. Starts tomorrow and ends Saturday at noon.
    Keep in mind that everyone trades, too.

12. redpcar Mar 2, 2019

While I did not find my next "grail" watch (Heuer Carrera re-edition if anyone wants to PM me), I did get some cool stuff. Some nice Omega bracelets primarily. The Helvetia is sketchie but I like it (I worked all morning on a baseball glove strap). Don't see Huguenin's in the wild very often so I jumped on it. Bunches of Rolex's there. Some interesting GMT's. Only a couple vintage Speedies. Gobs of parts watches, tools and LARGE clocks
    I took about 50 or so watches for trades and was overwhelmed by a couple of out of town buyers who bought almost everything and paid what I asked! All in all, I brought home considerably more money than I took. Mrs. Redpcar was very happy.

show.jpg

13. redpcar Mar 2, 2019

oops. Forgot about the honker on the watch winder. Never owned a Wittnauer 2000 before (or the Orient version). Picked it up for a mere $20 but needed some cleaning up. Nothing impressive inside. Big watch. Generic Japan auto movement.

Wittnauer 2000.jpg

14. GMTspeedmaster Mar 2, 2019

interesting stuff

15. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 2, 2019

Having attended a few NAWCC marts I have nothing but negative things to say about them. Every time I go I come home with less money and more watches

And clocks

And books

And parts

And tools

And shit that you grab because it's just too cool to not pick up

And a big smile on my face that makes my wife ask what I bought

And... did I mention the nice eight day car clock I got back in the spring... now I just need a twenties roadster.

CdnWatchDoc and redpcar like this.