Restore or look for new one

Just wondering what I should do with this watch. Restore it I know rough shape or just look for new one. There no sentimental attachment to the watch

The pix are a bit lo res, to say for sure, but I'm thinking it looks very tired cosmetically and with no way of knowing in what state the movement is in.....It would probably cost more to fix than it's worth!

That case is very rough and being gold plated, the amount of money to fix it will be a lot more than it’s really worth imo

Like 2
Use as a donor when you need parts for a much more promising prospect. IMO, this watch is not a candidate for restoration.

Like 2
Use as a donor when you need parts for a much more promising prospect. IMO, this watch is not a candidate for restoration.
Yea when gold plated cases are at this stage they are designated parts donors for sure, many a good watch has been salvaged from a gold plated watch’s demise

Like 1
Way past restorable, especially since there is no sentimental attachment.

Cosmic 2000 cases are often hard to open. They are packed like a can of tuna. Compressed air is used to pop the crystal out. The movements tend to be 10xx movements without the nice finish on them.

Gold plated cases tend to be the most common. Probably due to the plating wearing off. These things are often more than a half of century old and have seen some wear.

There are much better examples out there.