Forums Latest Members
  1. lenny May 30, 2014

I recently picked up a speedmaster 125 that I was planning to have serviced. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get a good fit with the bracelet for my 6.75" wrist.

Understandably, if I can't wear it comfortably, it doesn't make sense to throw any more money into it. As such, I'm posting a few pictures of it in the hope that someone here can offer up some advice. Note that the clasp is reversed. Are the fixed links held by spring bars too?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: I can't remove anymore links because each clasp end link is unique.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 30, 2014

Grab an adhesive velcro pad (the soft half not the rough half) and attach it either to the underside of the caseback if its a round one, or the clasp if its a square one you cut down to size. The velcro will stand it off from your wrist a bit and make it snugger without doing any damage to the watch.

Alternatively eat a lot of cheese pizza with stuffed crust, it has just the right amount of salt and fat to make your watch bracelet fit if used in sufficient quantities.

3. lenny May 30, 2014

Hmm...posted too soon. The different sized clasp end links do come off as spring bars as well - there was debris clogging the holes :(. Feel silly for posting so quickly, but at least it worked out in the end :).

4. webvan May 30, 2014

No worries, at least we got that interesting tip on the velcro, hadn't thought of it!

Careful with the springbars though, they are pretty fragile and hard to replace.

How does that notoriously difficult watch to wear (as in a huge chunk of steel) fit your wrist?

Matty01 likes this.
  5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job May 30, 2014

I had one of those bricks. Fantastic watch. But I wish I had begun my shoulder therapy earlier...:)

M'Bob likes this.
  6. lenny May 30, 2014

Here it is:
    [​IMG]

Better now, but I'm still undecided about the heft. Some watches carry it off better than others. Speaking of heft, it really is amazing that the whole bracelet is held together by teeny, tiny spring bars.

7. webvan May 30, 2014

Yep, all these bar bracelets (used on the Megaquartz watches for instance) are like that, including the links you can't normally remove. I quite like these bracelets actually ;-) As for the 125 it does look a tad large on that picture, but probably different in real life.

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 30, 2014

No, it looks exactly a tad large in real life :D

lenny likes this.
  9. dragoman May 31, 2014

For all that it is worth (130 bucks, actually), there is an Argentinian guy at ebay selling a new, sealed crystal with tachymeter scale valid for 125 and MkIV.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2014

I think you do need some more Pizza / Beer / Chocolate to balance it out

11. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan May 31, 2014

Ther are hefty but i find them very comfortable ...
    [​IMG]

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 31, 2014

That's actually true.....

13. lenny Jun 1, 2014

Since the thread is sort of still alive, can anyone tell me if the replacement crystal/tachymeter unit comes with/needs a separate crystal gasket? Also, what is the part number for the gasket that holds the case to the bracelet unit? I need a clear crystal and steady case before I make my final decision.
    Thanks in advance.