Forums Latest Members

Requesting some definitive answers on Seamaster bracelet options

1. rahul718 Sep 6, 2016

Hello,

I researched a lot on bracelet options for the SMPc 41mm and the Planet Ocean 42mm 8500, but I've also come across a lot of conflicting answers, so before I buy what may possibly be the wrong bracelets, I figured I would ask the experts here.

Planet Ocean 8500 42mm
    My watch came with a rubber strap and I'm looking to add the OEM bracelet to it. Last month I had a Planet Ocean 2500 42mm with bracelet and to my surprise, it worked perfectly on my 8500 when I swapped it. I know the styles are a bit different as well. Unfortunately the bracelet went with the PO2500 when I sold it. Now I've been reading a few posts on WUS where posters say the PO2500 bracelet will NOT fit the PO8500 and different end links would be needed. How can this be if it worked for me?

Could it be possible that the 42mm PO2500 (stainless steel, silver indices, black dial) came with a different bracelet configuration compared to other PO2500s? Since I am now searching for bracelets, my options would be stretched if I look for both PO2500 and PO8500 bracelets rather than just the PO8500 bracelet. Here was my PO8500 when I had it on the PO2500 bracelet.

[​IMG]

Seamaster Professional Ceramic 41mm
    Here's where I'm really confused...

I abhor the "Bond" bracelet that this watch comes with. From what I'm able to research, the bracelet that comes with the SMP 2254.50 is known as the "Speedy" style bracelet and this fits the SMPc as well. Some say it's a plug and play swap with no modification needed, and some say that different end links are needed.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?307440-SMPc-quot-Bond-quot-is-dead/page2

^posts 53 and 54

The bracelet that comes with the 2254.50 is also known as 1610.930, correct?

Are there any other Omega bracelets similar in look to the "Speedy" style that will fit the SMPc?

Thank you in advance!

2. rahul718 Sep 6, 2016

anyone? I'd be really appreciative of some answers.

There are some used bracelets I have my eyes on but I don't want to purchase them only to find out they won't fit.

3. yinzerniner Sep 7, 2016

The PO case designs are all very similar depending on lug width and watch size. So, a bracelet will fit both the 42mm 2500 and 8500, with the noted exception of the end links being slightly shallower / deeper top to bottom depending on movement. So, if you use a 2500 bracelet on an 8500 the end links will sit a bit inward of the top and bottom edges of the lugs, and conversely the 8500 bracelet on a 2500 will site a bit outbound of the lugs. The end links ARE different between the 8500 and 2500 bracelets, but they will fit either model.
    Another difference between the bracelets on 2500 and 8500 are the removable pins - 2500 is push pin with collars while the 8500 is pins with screws. There are pluses and minuses with each system, and the choice completely based on personal preference.

The SMP bracelets WILL NOT fit a PO, either Bond or Speedy. Lug hole to case distance is drastically different, and the case diameters and curves are also not the same. I can't think of any modern "Speedy Style" bracelets that work with the PO.

jcmartinez98 and rahul718 like this.
  4. rahul718 Sep 7, 2016

Thank you! Just the answer I needed