Forums Latest Members

Requesting comments on a Seamster 600 and the seller

1. david_watch Jul 1, 2015

Greetings again,

Take a look at this Seamster 600, to me it looks pretty nice, doesn't seem too polished and claims original dial. All for (I think) a reasonable price. Is there anything about it that sets off red flags to the experts here? The only negative I see is the back Seamaster text a couple of letters seem very worn.

And regarding the seller, Tim Mackrain i.e. Omega Addict. Has anyone had dealings with him previous, positive or negative? I see his watches come with a "lifetime warranty." Return the watch every 3 years and for $95 he will do a service to keep the warranty effective. Is there any value to this or is it just a revenue maker for him?

Thanks for reading and hopefully commenting.
    David

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 1, 2015

I have never had any dealings with him but the one thing that always stood out about his watches it that they always seem over-polished. They may not be but that's my perception and has put me off buying one of his watches.

3. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Jul 1, 2015

Pictures?

4. david_watch Jul 1, 2015

Sorry, my bad...I forgot to add the link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/141703469711Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

5. alam Jul 1, 2015

A brief discussion about the Seller and reviews from members here https://omegaforums.net/threads/buy...refurbished-1959-seamaster.14441/#post-162090

and most of them, with refinished dials

I'm no expert and can't give assurance by just looking at pics, but this one appears a refinished dial..

Edited Jul 1, 2015
  6. wsfarrell Jul 1, 2015

No red flags, the guy is rock-solid at what he does. If you don't mind restored dials, new hands, new (non-Omega) crystals and heavy polishing (all of which he describes), he has some nice-looking watches.

Giff2577 likes this.
  7. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Jul 1, 2015

Those hands... not on that watch.... that alone turns me off... but that's just me.

8. david_watch Jul 2, 2015

Damn this site lol. Just when I'm looking at a watch that to me looks nice I learn to spot its flaws, especially when I find the same model with the original hands. Now it looks like it's wearing high waters.

Original:
    [​IMG]

Watch I was considering:
    [​IMG] J

9. chickenman26 Jul 2, 2015

Ouch. That crown looks out of place, too.