Request help re my Grandfathers vintage Omega watch

I was left his old Omega watch. It is a black faced Seamaster Calendar watch. (automatic). The back of the watch is plain but says Seamaster on the top and waterproof at the bottom. It has to be pretty old as he lived to 101 years old. He had this watch as long as I remember. He died over 20 years ago. Can anyone help me understand a range of potential value? It works! I can’t find a serial number.

Serial number will be marked on the movement and the reference number will be marked inside the case back.

Very Nice Heirloom!!! Bingo!

He even ordered the Factory Lume Pkg along with the black dial .....

Post some hi-rez pix in natural light if possible

Could be 2849 with cal 503? Looks like gilt dial with silver base metal? Look forward to more pictures

Looks like a nice honest watch with a black dial that is relatively uncommon (compared to white) but severely aged. The serial number is on the movement and the reference number is inside the case-back. The watch is from the 1950s.

It’s a 2849 ref from 1955-1957 with a 502 or 503 movement. I bet that dial has nice charm in natural light. Get it serviced, crystal polished (not case), and crown swapped for a “clover” shaped one, and you’ll have a very nice heirloom.