Forums Latest Members
  1. Kali77 Aug 23, 2017

Looking for some recommendations on a reputable watchmaker in the DMV area. I have an Angelus Chronodato and an old Eterna that are due for a service, would also be good to know for when my speedy's are due for a spa visit.

Thanks!

2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Aug 23, 2017

Check with Herndon Clock & Watch and ask Mr. Lan if he can help you out..

Kali77 likes this.
  3. Kali77 Aug 23, 2017

Thanks TTG. I will stop by and check them out.

Any other options in DC/Md?

bhove likes this.
  4. IDXM Aug 25, 2017

I really like the people at the Watch Pocket in Silver Spring with the proviso I've never had anything serviced by them. I took a beat up Gruen. Timed it for me and checked the movement. Said it was in good condition. They then lightly polished and put a new band. Just today I took a Ladymatic I got my wife as an anniversary present. They told me it was keeping good time and I was better off servicing with them only if it stopped working. They also said they had the parts for the 455 movement and servicing would cost around $200. Good luck and keep us informed.

Ignacio

image.jpg image.jpg

Kali77 likes this.
  5. Kali77 Aug 26, 2017

Thanks idxm. I appreciate it. Anybody else with any suggestions in DC?

6. shishy www.hpmor.com Aug 28, 2017

I'd highly recommend Zaf Basha over at Classic Watch (http://www.classicwatch.com/)

The guy is a class act, and one of the best I've had to work with when getting my watches fixed. Very responsive and takes thorough care of you. He's in DC as well. DM me if you have any questions.

He fixed one of my Heuer Bunds and another belgian military issue Pontiac watch I own without any hassles and was super reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Kali77 likes this.
  7. Kali77 Aug 29, 2017

Thanks Shishy! I will try and stop by at lunch or after work one day later this week.

8. shishy www.hpmor.com Aug 29, 2017

I don't know if he is seeing people in person, it's not a store. I'd shoot him an email first, he's very responsive. Let him know I told you [emoji14]

9. Kali77 Aug 29, 2017

Will do! Yeah when I went to find an address I figured that out :D