Forums Latest Members

Replacing original parts for TH Carrera Calibre 360 WG faux-pas or not?

1. YY77 Sep 24, 2019

Having joined OF recently because I wanted to stay up to date for information, reactions and so on about delivery worldwide of the A11 50SS, which I desperately wanted and lucky enough to get 7 weeks ago.

I now have come to learn from reading various threads on OF about vintage watches, a vintage watch being as original as possible is commanding high values.

As all vintage watches start out new I would like to know where OF members draw the line with regard to having parts replaced when it is in need of being serviced.

Knowing that Speedy's and the TH Carrera Calibre 360 WG I'm talking about differ in execution, i.e. the right bezels being the key for Speedy's, I wanted to get your views on the replacement of parts.

Being the first owner of the 360 I want to make sure when it becomes vintage in the future to make the right choices. It has been sent to TH after 11 years of wearing it daily to get it serviced for the following;
    - Date changes not every 24 but 25 hours
    - Small hour hand not lining up on the correct hour when the clock strikes 12 (half way further)
    - not being within COSC spec, considerable loss per day

I now got quoted for the service as you can see in the screen grab of the AD quotation.

The complete service cost is high but not unexpected for such a piece, all hands need to be replaced instead of only the one that has the problem to avoid a fitting issue, as it's a small amount I'm not bothered about that.

The sapphire crystal has scratches which I didn't notice and there is wear on the crown and pushers, but it's optional to replace for now.

If I would choose to replace the parts sometime in the future would it in the long run devalue the watch although all replacement parts will be original for this watch?

IMG_20190803_135807.jpg Screenshot_20190924-195240.png