Forums Latest Members

Replacing 'Lume Dot' on Planet Ocean

1. Mr Bing Mar 23, 2016

I'm not sure if lume dot is the correct terminology but I'm going to have to use it for the sake of this thread.

A while back I lost the lume dot from the bezel on my Planet Ocean. I got lucky and found it on my car mat a couple of weeks later. Apologies for the pic....

image.jpeg

Above the watch you can see a small container containing the pearl/lume/dot (what the hell do you call this thing anyway?)

The question is, if someone is kind enough to help, is this a fix I can do myself? Is so what type of glue/cement should I use? Or should I take this to the OB and have them do it properly?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2016

It's a bezel pearl. I think your best bet is to take this to a boutique and have them sort it out for you, in particular if that's a ceramic bezel model (can't tell much in the dark photo).

Cheers, Al

3. Mr Bing Mar 23, 2016

Thanks and noted. It is indeed a ceramic bezel and I will take your advice.
    From previous experience though it could take up to six weeks in the hands of Omega so I may as well go the whole hog and have her serviced at the same time.

Appreciate the reply.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 23, 2016

Should still be under warranty, but I wonder if that would be covered.

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 23, 2016

That looks like a planet ocean liquid metal limited edition? You'll need to reach out to the omega boutique for help

6. Mr Bing Mar 24, 2016

Yes it is sir. The boutique sounds like the sensible option so that's where she's headed. Thanks.