Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve1haggart Mar 27, 2015

since I got my speedy back from being services on Monday ive not been totaly happy with the new handy that were fitted as part of the service ...my fault I asked them to replace then . Does anyone know a good watchmaker in the Uk that will replace the new hands with the original ones that were returned as part of the service. .

image.jpg
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 27, 2015

3. Steve1haggart Mar 27, 2015

Hit it on the head STS. So wished I'd said no to new hands the watch just looks naff with them on .. After the hands are replaced is there any type of set up to make sure the hands are in the correct position.

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 27, 2015

If you take it to a watch maker - even back to STS - the hands should be aligned. I don't know if there's anything in particular that needs to be done; I doubt it.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 27, 2015

Just a bit of skill required in placing the hands - having good equipment will make it easier, so a proper movement holder and proper hand press.

Just a caution that if you take it to someone else other than the person that serviced it for the hand swap, any warranty you have on the service will be gone once someone else opens the case...

Cheers, Al