Forums Latest Members
  1. Looneytoons Feb 21, 2018

I purchased a vintage Seiko last year and it arrived with a damaged clasp. A previous owner attached a band extender and stretched out or drilled out the end hole on the clasp. I have a donor clasp to replace it with, but how do I remove the pin indicated by the arrow?

Thanks for any ideas here. clasp 1.jpg

2. redpcar Feb 21, 2018

So if this clasp is trash, you have no plans to keep it.
    Have you tried pushing in the pin? They are usually spring loaded. Sometimes corroded so try flipping it over and push the pin in on the other side.
    Some of the Seiko pins I have come across have no spring so you have to flex out the side of the clasp to provide enough room to let the pin out.
    Be sure and replace the pin when re-assembling.
    Good luck :)

3. Looneytoons Feb 21, 2018

Yeah I hoped it was a spring pin but it's solid. I don't care about the clasp but the end of the band that holds the pin I wish to preserve.
    Thanks for the suggestion and I will try to press the pin down far enough to free the band end piece.

4. redpcar Feb 21, 2018

If the clasp will be trashed, grab a pair of pliers and bend that puppy out. It will make you feel good. ;)
    edit: bend the edge of the clasp out so the pin simply falls free saving the rest of the bracelet.

Looneytoons likes this.
  5. Looneytoons Feb 21, 2018

Why didn't I think of that. Simple and effective.

Thanks!

Edit: Worked a treat. Clasp is off and bracelet end is intact. ::psy::