Forums Latest Members
  1. zcymontmae Dec 3, 2014

Hi! Guy's

It is possbile to replace a clasp spring only as I find my omega seamaster 2254.5000 clasp is too loose and disengaged everytime i'll bend my wrist, it is possbile? do you have any idea how. Muc will be the service cost???

Thanks in advance,
    Zcymontmae

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 3, 2014

Just Google "Omega clasp spring repair"

There's everything you need to know.

Good luck with it.

3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Dec 4, 2014

The spring is super easy to replace like a 15-20 dollar part I believe. You just have to get the pin holding the contraption out and then there is a base plate and a spring you unload. Snap in the new one and reinstall. Takes me 10 minutes.

4. chickenman26 Dec 6, 2014

Bet you've done it a few times before. Most things are easy when you know how. I've only done it once, and it took me more than 10 minutes to completely understand what had to be removed to access the spring, then look at the broken spring and realize how the new one had to go in. Depending on mechanical aptitude, some guys might be money ahead letting a pro do the job. It wouldn't be too difficult for an inexperienced person to bugger the clasp trying to remove or reinstall the pins.

Stu

5. zcymontmae Dec 6, 2014

It not diffuclt to repair the spring as I watched it in youtube but the problem is from where I will buy. The spring inside UAE, I. Saw it in ofrei and it is just 8 dollar but I need to pay 19 dollar for shipping charge.. it hink it is more reasonable to bring it in omega boutique for repair...

6. vitriol May 30, 2019

Am I right that one and the same spring (085ST0055) is in use for all 18 and 20 mm clasps?